Why can't I receive text messages?
JLKEITH2000

For the past few months I have been having problem receiving text messages. I  have to constantly restart my phone in order for them to come in. Today I am having a problem sending as well. Is there a known issue, or any suggestions? I have a Galaxy Note 4 and I am becoming frustrated with it.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Issues with text message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JLKEITH2000, this is great details for us. I'm confident that we will be able to get the messages going again without any issues. I would recommend on going in and clearing out the app cache and force stopping the application. You can do that by going into Settings, Applications, Application Manager, From the ALL tab, tap on the Message Application, Tap Clear Cache, and then Force Stop. Once that is done, please power off the device and power it back on. Then, text out the text message function again. Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JLKEITH2000, We want to make sure that you are not missing any important text messages. I also want to make sure that we are able to get you to sending messages again. Are you getting any kind of errors when you try to send the message out? Are you using the default text message application on the device. Or are you using a 3rd party application from the Google Play Store? How long has these issues been going on? Please keep me posted. Looking forward to getting to the bottom of this ASAP.

KevinR_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JLKEITH2000

When I try to send it says sending for a few minutes then I get the error "Not sent. Touch to try again." When this first started a few months ago I was using Handcent then I thought maybe it was the app so I started using the default text messenger "Messages", I downloaded "Messenger" last night and still having problems. This issue with receiving texts has been ongoing since around March or April. Being unable to send consistently started today. A person that I tried to text this morning called and said that they received the one text I tried to send this morning 5 times. I tried to call customer support this morning and the young lady hung up on me accidently, I am sure.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JLKEITH2000, this is great details for us. I'm confident that we will be able to get the messages going again without any issues. I would recommend on going in and clearing out the app cache and force stopping the application. You can do that by going into Settings, Applications, Application Manager, From the ALL tab, tap on the Message Application, Tap Clear Cache, and then Force Stop. Once that is done, please power off the device and power it back on. Then, text out the text message function again. Please keep us posted.

0 Likes