Why can't I send or receive texts?
r450rr2004

to the more everything plan, with unlimited talk/texting.

But its not letting me send or receive text messages.

Tried taking the SIM out for 5 minutes and putting it back in and still no luck. Also tried clearing cache/data in the messaging application.

Is there something else im supposed to do to be able to send./receive texts.

My signal strength is 1 bar 4G I can also connect to wifi if that helps. The only message I get is "message did not send" would you like to try again.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: cant send or recieve texts. Just switched from unlimited data plan (without texting)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Congrats on your new phone upgrade r450rr2004. I'm sorry you're having issues with text messaging. We know texting is important to our customers when communicating with friends and family, We will help get this resolved. Make sure your default messaging app is enabled by going to messages> settings >Default messaging apps. If you continue to have issues we will need to review the account to ensure text was added correctly during your transition from  your previous plan to the more everything plan.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: cant send or recieve texts. Just switched from unlimited data plan (without texting)
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might contact Customer Service (*611 from a cell phone or 800-922-0204) and have them check the text provisioning for that line.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Congrats on your new phone upgrade r450rr2004. I'm sorry you're having issues with text messaging. We know texting is important to our customers when communicating with friends and family, We will help get this resolved. Make sure your default messaging app is enabled by going to messages> settings >Default messaging apps. If you continue to have issues we will need to review the account to ensure text was added correctly during your transition from  your previous plan to the more everything plan.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes