Why can't I send texts when my data is off or when my wifi is on? (Galaxy Note 3)
dorkatron5000

I updated my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to Android 4.4.2 several months ago and have since noticed that I can't send text messages while my data is off, although if I block data usage by using the data management section of the settings, I can still send text messages, as long as I leave the "Mobile Data" button toggled "On." I am unsure if this has only been a problem since the update or if I just hadn't encountered it before the update.

Equally as frustrating is the fact that if I am connected to wifi I can't send SMS either. I can recieve them, however. This is a relatively recent development, though I have tested it in safe mode (same result), ruling out downloaded applications.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Why can't I send texts when my data is off or when my wifi is on? (Galaxy Note 3)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello dorkatron5000
That would be a very frustrating issue. You should be able to send Texts. Let's look into this together! Do you have a signature or emotocon with your message? If so, please remove and retest. To clarify these are text messages and not picture messages correct? Are you using the standard messaging app?

I look forward to your reply.
JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes