Why can't I transfer music with group play?
2John
Enthusiast - Level 1

I seem to have an issue that Samsung can't answer and I am trying to reach out to anyone who may be able to help. I am trying to use the preloaded app "Group Play" on my Galaxy Note 2...I can share pictures with people who are signed in my group, but when we go to share music I have no files to share. (When I say share I mean the way the app says it can share. By one phone being the main source of music and the other phones to be speakers). The thing is my daughter has a Galaxy s3 and hers is doing the same thing. What are we doing wrong? Why will my music files not open?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Group Play
2John
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well after talking with 5 Samsyng reps, one forum, and looking online...a

person from BestBuy who works in the phone dept. realized my music was on

the wrong format. I then downloaded all music to mp3 format and now it

works great. The experts sometimes look beyind the simple things.

On Feb 21, 2014 12:50 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

2John,

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with Group Play. I did find some information on Group Play. Do you know if you and your daughter's phone both have NFC SIM cards in them? If you do not have NFC cards it will not work. If you do not have NFC cards. No worries you can go to a store and they can replace the cards for you http://bit.ly/3SdsA Here is a link that I found that gives some more information http://bit.ly/1dbi7XH

RobinD_VZW
VZW Support

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
2John
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well after talking with 5 Samsyng reps, one forum, and looking online...a

person from BestBuy who works in the phone dept. realized my music was on

the wrong format. I then downloaded all music to mp3 format and now it

works great. The experts sometimes look beyind the simple things.

On Feb 21, 2014 12:50 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh wow! I agree, 2John. Sometimes, we get going on the higher problem potential that we forget to ask the basic questions. I admit that there's also the hesitancy to ask because we don't want to risk insulting the customer. No matter the issue, though... very glad that someone was able to help you get this matter resolved! Thank you so very much for sharing. I'll be sure to remember: Ask ALL questions. Never assume!

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes