Why can't I use screen mirroring?
Gabster1

Since installing the update the screen mirroring function has disappeared....????

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Marshmallow update - Screen Mirroring
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gabster1,

Thanks for visiting our community member forums. We want you to be able to use your phone to its fullest potential. There are a couple things that sound like they could match what you're looking for. Are you trying to share your screen wirelessly using WiFi direct? The options for this should be at the top when you're in the WiFi settings on your phone. The phone does also have MirrorLink, which is for Syncing with cars. This can be found under Settings > More > MirrorLink. Let us know if neither of those is what you're needing to use.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Gabster1

Galaxy  Note 5

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i don't recall it with 511.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gabster1,

Thanks for visiting our community member forums. We want you to be able to use your phone to its fullest potential. There are a couple things that sound like they could match what you're looking for. Are you trying to share your screen wirelessly using WiFi direct? The options for this should be at the top when you're in the WiFi settings on your phone. The phone does also have MirrorLink, which is for Syncing with cars. This can be found under Settings > More > MirrorLink. Let us know if neither of those is what you're needing to use.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

is mirrorlink the same as screen mirror, if it's just for syncing with cars it doesn't sound like it??

0 Likes