Why cant i use features that i know are installed on gallaxy Note 8 but dont show in the settings menu?
TonkaToy87
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why is version intentionally hiding functions that are built into the note 8? Every other service provider and UNLOCKED phones from samsung have the option to auto-restart the phone, and can use the device maintenance/task killer that comes with the phone, and can remove/disable majority of the bloatware or us ess apps!!!! I can't do any of those things! I send $1000 on a phone and Verizon restricts my access and use of key performance features! That' complete [Removed]. and horrble customer relations! If this doesn' get resolved in an update soon I'm spending my money elsewhere from now on.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Re: Why cant i use features that i know are installed on gallaxy Note 8 but dont show in the settings menu?
bearone21
Legend

if you've seen features mentioned for other carriers, not necessarily utilized by verizon!!!

0 Likes
Re: Why cant i use features that i know are installed on gallaxy Note 8 but dont show in the settings menu?
TonkaToy87
Enthusiast - Level 2

a few years ago Verizon told me that they removed those functions on the galaxy phone because they were interfering with the Verizon apps. so instead of fixing their apps they removed those functions on the phones so the people like me that don't use the Verizon apps cant use the features at all

Vicki561
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for this question and answer thread. I am considering an unlocked Note8 and spoke to Verizon CS yesterday to see if they still forced "bloatware" when the phone was activated on their network (Verizon specific apps that take up space and memory, but are not useful or wanted by me).  Your comments make me feel that they either purposely deceived me or the CS rep I spoke to didnt know anything. I suspect both.

I need a new phone. I like Verizon, but I am doing more research on compatibility of provider AND phone before I jump in.

All I want on my phone are apps and functions that I decide should be there.

TonkaToy87
Enthusiast - Level 2

To be completely honest I absolutely love the NOTE 8! The features and capabilities it has are amazing. I just can' utilize them because there is something wrong with the phone I got and the only thing I have been able to figure out is that it has to do with the software verizon preload on the phone interfering with the operating system. As far as what I would suggest for you is to get the unlocked NOTE 8 from samsung directly or from best by. That way you have full control over what apps get installed on the phone and no bloatware as well as freedom to choose and change providers at will with no provider software needing to be installed.

Im going to be warranting my phone through Samsung directly and I'm going to try to convince them to send me a unlocked phone instead of the VERIZON specific phone. Because the issues I'm dealing with I can' run the apps that I've been using for the last 8 years with out the phone overheating or killing the battery. Right now I'm only using apps that are on the phone after the factory reset. Nothing has been downloaded from the play store or galaxy apps.

I apologize if I may have diseased you from getting the phone. I just felt people needed to be aware the VERIZON specific phone and that the software verizon is preloding on the phones bought in store is effecting the operating system and damaging the phones

0 Likes