Why did I get a text on my work account as well as my personal account?
RICKYANKE11

I just setup my new Note 7 and I'm using the Samsung Messages app. I have a work email account (Exchange) on my phone and whenever someone texts me it is showing up in my work email account, not cool.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: incoming text messages also sent to my work email address
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello RICKYANKE11!

I'm so sorry if this is not how you want your messages to be set up, with a copy going to your Exchange email account. I can definitely help with that.

The answer is in the settings for your Exchange account, and sort of hidden. I have provided the steps below.

Go to:

1.Settings

2.Accounts

3.Exchange

4.Settings

5.Select your Exchange account

6.More Settings

7.Uncheck "Sync SMS"

Let me know how that goes, I hope it resolves your concerns. Have a great day!

ChristinaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: incoming text messages also sent to my work email address
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello RICKYANKE11!

I'm so sorry if this is not how you want your messages to be set up, with a copy going to your Exchange email account. I can definitely help with that.

The answer is in the settings for your Exchange account, and sort of hidden. I have provided the steps below.

Go to:

1.Settings

2.Accounts

3.Exchange

4.Settings

5.Select your Exchange account

6.More Settings

7.Uncheck "Sync SMS"

Let me know how that goes, I hope it resolves your concerns. Have a great day!

ChristinaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes