Why did my credit card get charged?
brelaxed13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello. I placed a preorder on the 13th for a Note 5. I have done preorders like this many many times before. They never charge the card until the order ships. The intended ship date is 8/21. Today is the 15th. Has anyone else seen this? Is it possible we will get this phone sooner?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy Note 5 Preorder Credit Card Charge
brelaxed13
Enthusiast - Level 2

As it turns out, they charged me the full amount because the phone shipped already... It will be here Tuesday

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You sure it's a charge and not a hold?

0 Likes
brelaxed13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well it's for the full $850...not for like a dollar or anything... its pending right now but they have never done this before so I just thought it was kind of odd. 

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Pre orders usually involve a deposit don't they?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

A hold can be any amount. A $1 hold is generally to see if the card exists. A $850 hold is to ensure you have the money and can't spend that amount so you don't overdraft.

brelaxed13
Enthusiast - Level 2

As it turns out, they charged me the full amount because the phone shipped already... It will be here Tuesday

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Wow, lucky you.   Please come back and brag about how awesome it is.  I will be living vicariously for 6-8 months before I can look at a new phone.   image.jpg

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello brelaxed13! Congrats on your recent pre-order to the new Galaxy Note 5. That looks like an amazing phone. I do hope you enjoy it. Pre-order is available now through 8/21/15. The price would depend upon which option you decided. Do you recall if you purchased the phone at full retail or did you participate in our Monthly Device Payment program? Thanks in advance.

KristieQ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes