Why do I have such bad reception?
kenc719
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am using the note 4 for about 6 months now. The poor signal is becoming in tolerable at home, We own the iphone 6 and 52 and both have very stable 4G (2-3 bars) signal right next to the note4!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is a business phone and needs to be reliable. This is unacceptable. I switched from Sprint because of poor service, this is worse.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Very poor signal strength
Snn5
Legend

You can try a SIM replacement for free at a Verizon corporate store.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Kenc719,

We want you to be able to enjoy your services and not have any disruption to your businesses. Six months is too long dealing with these issue. Lets get down to business. Can you tell me the zip code so that I can take a look at the towers in your area? Is there a case on the Note 4 device? 

VeronicaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kenc719
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for getting back to me.

There is no case, just a screen protector.

0 Likes
kenc719
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry zip code is 07002

0 Likes
Jhahn01
Contributor - Level 1

We have been dealing with them since the 5.0.1 update that broke most peoples phone.  And it's been longer than 6 months...

0 Likes
Redneck8

I as well as a lot of friends and Co workers in my area have noticed bad service for the last week.  Miss calls and texts and may not receive them for over 24 hours. Signal is considerably worse for me in my home now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Kenc719, thank you so much for giving me your zip code. I took a look at the towers and show there are two towers within 6 miles of you. I noticed you mentioned that your service was fine until the update. You mentioned other friends are having this problem since the update also. Can you tell if the friends are in the that having the same problems are in the same time town that you are?

VeronicaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kenc719
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually, the other devices in my household seem to be okay and don't experience signal issues. It seems to be limited to my device, I had a drop call or 2 yesterday which is unacceptable and looking at the signal strength right now and have 2 bars which is also unacceptable. This is my business device and if something isn't done I'm going to drop Verizon and go with another carrier and will also consider the same for my personal devices.

Can the Note 4 be replaced? New SIM card or anything?

0 Likes
Jhahn01
Contributor - Level 1

Have you recently update the phone?  Check the operating system.  If its 5.0.1, that is known to break phones.  Read all the different threads on the subject.  Verizon has yet to update the phones to the operating system that fixes that issue.  That's why so many here are upset.  Alot are buying the Nexus 6P which is updated straight from Google.

0 Likes
Jhahn01
Contributor - Level 1

And going to the Fi network.  Verizon does not offer the Nexus 6P

0 Likes