Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,061 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Why do I not have voicemail notifications?
Loneren

I just bought a Samsung Note 8 in December and noticed that since I've had the phone I've not had any voicemail notifications at all. I tried calling my voicemail to check it and it was full! I did not receive any notifications for any of those voicemails. Can anyone tell me how come I don't have any notifications on my Samsung Note 8? Is it the phone? or is it Verizon?

0 Likes
Re: Why do I not have voicemail notifications?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Was it a Verizon branded Note 8 or an unlocked version? Did you access the voicemail through the Voicemail application if it was a Verizon branded phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

if your vm is full, delete a few & you might receive new notifications!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you get every voicemail notification, Loneren! We know how frustrating it can be when they do not pop up as they should. Which voicemail service are you using (Call or application)? Are you on the latest software update?

0 Likes
obryankl

I have the same issue with my unlocked Galaxy S8.  It didn't come with a voicemail app.  Is there a way to get the Verizon voicemail app?

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Have you logged into MyVerizon and looked at Voicemail FAQs | Verizon Wireless ?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

obryankl wrote:

I have the same issue with my unlocked Galaxy S8. It didn't come with a voicemail app. Is there a way to get the Verizon voicemail app?

No.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

obryankl, I know how concerning it can be when you notice that your phone does not have the Verizon Voicemail app that our devices have. I certainly will be more than happy to assist you with any questions you have on this application. We cannot guarantee that our voicemail app is able to be used on an unlocked device because our devices that come with this app pre-installed, are provisioned to use with all of our features that we provide. While unlocked devices are not because they were not sold by Verizon Wireless. But I would suggest to visit your Google Play Store app and search to see if the Verizon Visual Voicemail app is able to be downloaded to your device just in case it can be used. Let me know how that goes. 

BrettA_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes