Why does my Galaxy Note 4 when switching towers, always go to 1x service, and not 4G LTE service?
JWDUKE01

Why does my Galaxy Note 4 when switching towers, always go to 1x service, and not 4G LTE service? And YES I am in ares that have 4G LTE service...

0 Likes
Re: Why does my Galaxy Note 4 when switching towers, always go to 1x service, and not 4G LTE service?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JWDUKE01, this is not the behavior we expect from the Galaxy Note 4. When did you notice the phone was doing this? What zip code are you in when this is occurring?

TionnaB_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Why does my Galaxy Note 4 when switching towers, always go to 1x service, and not 4G LTE service?
JWDUKE01

I noticed it started a few weeks ago, that it started doing this. As for zip code, it is everywhere. Sioux City, IA Sioux Falls, SD,, Omaha, NE, Kansas City, MO just everywhere. Plus I drop calls quite frequently too.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you verified which network mode the phone is using? LTE/CDMA mode or Global mode? Secondly, have you reseated or even replaced the SIM card yet?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JWDUKE01

No I haven't checked to see which network I am using... How do you do

this? Yes I have reseated the sim card but that didn't help any... Thanks!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Settings - wireless and networks - cellular networks. That's the menu path for my phone. It might be slightly different for your phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JWDUKE01, thanks for helpful information. It’s very odd that you are experiencing this trouble everywhere. Please try to reset the network settings on your phone to see if it gets any better for you? https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-204906/ How long has this been happening?

-TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JWDUKE01

It has been doing this the last few weeks. If I restart my phone it will

quit doing it for a little while, but then goes right back to doing it

again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for keeping us up to speed, JWDUKE01. I assure you we want nothing more than to improve your overall experience and we appreciate you working with us.
Does the phone have the newest software update (settings > system updates) applied? We understand that this issue began a few weeks ago. Do you recall making any changes to the phone around that time? We also recommend you run a diagnostic http://vz.to/1tuzrWq on the phone at your earliest convenience to check the overall health. Please reach back to us when you have the opportunity and we will be ready to continue helping.

SteveR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
JWDUKE01

No problems found with health check

0 Likes