Re: The 4.3 upgrade has completely messed up my phone.
Chicago-Samsung-Galax

i have the same thing

0 Likes
brentwoodperson
Enthusiast - Level 3

People the test on getting a replacement phone is simple.  Recreate the wifi problems in the Verizon store and get get a  "replacement" phone.  I just got mine, a refurbished Note 2.  I thought it would have 4.3 loaded already. Not the case. It had 4.1 and I had to upgrade it to 4.3. Only the Note 3 will have 4.3 loaded. The wifi is stable so far from a close distance.   it still doesn't have the range it had before. The signal strength is not the same. My recommendation is don't upgrade to 4.3 if your phone is working perfectly with 4.1.  Nothing about the 4.3 is worth giving up wifi signal strength or stability.

0 Likes
brentwoodperson
Enthusiast - Level 3

I bought a wifi extender. It has bridged my connection well.

0 Likes
JGwiz
Contributor - Level 1

Before the 4.3 update, my wifi connection at home on my Galaxy S4 was flawless.  After the update I began experiencing erratic connectivity problems.  After researching this online I came across one suggestion that recommended checking my router to see if it was broadcasting on dual channels...the standard 2.4ghz and the 5ghz.  If it was broadcasting on both, try turning off the 5ghz channel and be sure to lock on at 2.4ghz.  It solved my problem.

All this speaks to a larger problem.  The S4 is so overly "feature rich" that there's no way for Samsung, or Verizon, to properly modify Android OS updates so as to ensure these type of problems won't occur.  Hence, conflicts aren't uncovered until the update is released into users hands. 

I've turned off all the bells and whistles that are hyped as attractive features on this phone, including: Motions & Gestures; Smart Screen; Air View; Voice Control: Hands Free Mode: Smart Pause; Smart Scroll; and numerous other features.  I've also turned off all the pre-loaded bloatware and junkware that has been stuffed on to this phone. 

As a result, the phone runs more smoothly and I get greater battery life.  Mind you, the screen scroll still stutters, apps take longer to load than you would expect, and even dialing a number on the phone dialer requires pacing, else a number gets skipped.  The point is there comes a point when more = less, which is why my next phone will most certainly be a Nexus.

dianethuntress
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can't reproduce in the verizon store or at Best Buy. It is just not able to connect to my home wifi router. does nothing or gives me an authentication error. What the hell does this do to my phone?? A lousy upgrade. compared to the ATT version of jellybean updated on an QTT Note 2 and the update is only half of what the
ATT phone did!!!???

0 Likes
brentwoodperson
Enthusiast - Level 3

I bought my Note 2 from Dell for $150. in Feb 2013. i just looked on Dells site and you can get a Note 3 for $129. Lolz. nice price!  That's a fix.

0 Likes
marcus01
Enthusiast - Level 2

THIS IS NOT SO! They don't care as long as they sale phones & keep you locked in contracts.

IT IS WRONG TO FORCE A DOWNLOAD ONTO YOUR PHONE WITH NO CHOICE.

0 Likes
brentwoodperson
Enthusiast - Level 3

You have an option to reject the d.l. it's not mandatory.

marcus01
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, but it pops the message back up daily until it eventually does it on its own. And there is no way to reverse or refuse.

0 Likes
brentwoodperson
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mine didnt.  I had to go into "about phone" and click on software update.   I never got any message to d.l. The update.

0 Likes