Re: The 4.3 upgrade has completely messed up my phone.
islandjpa
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also, I've been a loyal Verizon customer for over 15 years. Shouldn't there be benifits for our loyalty. Instead you force us to give up our orginal unlimited plans. Charge us more and more for less and less. I've been on the verge of leaving several times but I think this might be the last straw. Especially when other companies will even pay your cancellation fees. Get a clue BIG RED.

0 Likes
dianethuntress
Enthusiast - Level 1

My main problem got solved by buying a new wireless modem but I still have the battery problems. I got a nice tech support guy who acknowledged all the problems, spent hours with me and even called me back after factory reset of phone and reset of wireless router.etc etc etc. The darn phone would not recognize  my home wireless even tho it worked fine with other wireless networks all over town. I would have gotten a new phone if I could have proved it was not the older model wireless router! Best Buy people did and did not know about the problems and if the Verizon Store people did, they didn't admit it and sent me to Best Buy and online Verizon support.

>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're here to help islandjpa; we want you to be able to enjoy your phone entirely. What specific problems are you having with the phone?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

islandjpa,

We truly appreciate your loyalty and don't want to lose you. We're here to do everything we can to find the best plan for your needs and if you still have untlimited data, you can definitely keep it with this program http://vz.to/ZILXBT .
What's your current plan? How many lines do you have?

AdaS_VZW

0 Likes
islandjpa
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for responding to my post. The unlimited plan I am referring to was about 6 years ago which is a plan I had for almost 4 years. I dont recall how much the plan was but I know I was paying less then $100 a month. I currently have a Note 2 that I had the 4 GB plan which I recently changed to 6GB due to the increased data usage by the 4.3 udate

issues. Do you realize how much less other carriers are compared to Verizon. And that they will pay your cancellation fee for swithing to them. So what incentive is there for your loyal customers( over 15 years in my case) to stay with your company when you keep raising your prices?

>>Personal information removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
islandjpa
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for responding to my post. I am having most of the same problems that everyone is having.

Wifi connectivity- frequent messege "internet connection is unstable"

Data usage- background data has increased significantly

General service- I rarely have full bars anywhere

Battery life- drains faster and takes longer to charge

Speed- texting is dramatically slower

Freezes- random funtions/apps will freeze

Bluetooth- looses connection all the time

I have done the resets, uninstall/re-install, battery pulls that everyone has been told to and like everyone nothing has worked.

I recently spoke to a tech(again) and the have now sent me a replacement phone. Same as mine in "like new condition". I recieved it yesterday, 2-20-14, and was excited to learn it had the 4.1 and not the 4.3 has I loved this phone with the 4.1. Well during the setup it automatically updated itself, WITHOUT even prompting me, to the 4.3. Low and behold, its having the same issues.

I work in a radiology department at a hospital where service is very weak due to our lead lined walls so I rely on the wifi which has always worked flawlwessly....until 4.3.

On my way to work this morning using my bluetooth it lost the connection.

As for the rest of the issues I can only assume at this point they will also show up.

So now I have another "smart" phone that does nothing but aggrevate me constantly that I will have to personalize all over again, which takes a considerable amount of time.

I have been dealing with these issues for almost 2 months now and my patience is growing thin. WHEN is this going to be resolved? What is Verizon doing or going to do to compinsate?

>>Personal information removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Culchie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can answer your last question for you. NOTHING !!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

islandjpa you're welcome, we're always here to help! We understand there are many providers available and we truly appreciate your business throughout the many years! We'll make sure you're on the best option to prove that sticking with us is a great choice! How many lines are on the account? How much usage do you average? http://bit.ly/MctgBe 

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I realize where you're coming from islandjpa and I want you to know we truly value and appreciate your loyalty. As a consumer myself, I know how tempting some offers from our competitors are, but I also know I need reliable service for everyone in my family. We provide quality service and that comes with a price that's slightly higher than others, but it's worth it. Let's work on this together; accept my follow request, follow me back and send me a direct message to review your options.

AdaS_VZW

0 Likes
boychik0830
Contributor - Level 1

follow me back too so you let me know when a update to fix the bugs that 4.3 caused for the s3. I have been having problems with 4.3 for 2 months. I would like for this to get resolved soon. I have huge battery drain, apps crashing and lagging. hope this gets fixed so I have a useable phone thanks.

0 Likes