Why is Verizon requiring CDMA phones when it is shutting it down and has moved to LTE-A?
IT-Architect
Why is Verizon requiring CDMA phones when it is shutting it down? I would like to stay with Verizon when I visit the US but unsure exactly where in Colombia. I will be buying a Note 8 or Note 9. These two show as working with all of the providers. SM-N950F or SM-N950F/DS. AT&T appears to be good too, but Verizon still shows the best and I know what to expect. What doesn't make sense why on earth Verizon shows it only works with their CDMA phones when they won't even have CDMA shortly and they have already moved to LTE-A.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is Verizon requiring CDMA phones when it is shutting it down and has moved to LTE-A?
boringusername
Master - Level 1

What are you talking about Verizon does not require CDMA

0 Likes
Re: Why is Verizon requiring CDMA phones when it is shutting it down and has moved to LTE-A?
bearone21
Legend

cdma required to access the verizon network.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@bearone21 wrote:

cdma required to access the verizon network.

Nope. Verizon sells a half dozen smartphones and a basic phone that lack CDMA so explain that? CMDA is dead in a little over 200 days so it's pointless to requrie CDMA

0 Likes