Why is an in person signature required on my replacement?
NEWBLUERIVER

Who decided it was a bright idea to require an in-person signature on my replacement Note 7?  The original one I ordered came Fedex and required only a note to be left, but the replacement has come UPS and they made their final attempt today!  I chose not to go to the store because of timeliness, now this?  Seriously... you need to think about your customers that actually have jobs and aren't available during the day!  Now what do I do?  Order # [Removed]

Personal Information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why is an in person signature required on my replacement?
tionnab_vzw
Verizon Employee

NEWBLUERIVER, I understand wanting to have the phone delivered to you instead of visiting a store location. The signature upon delivery is for the security of our customers as it is common to have packages stolen if just left at the doorstep. The phone can be ordered again and shipped out, it can be delivered to your work address if that will be more convenient for you. To have the order placed again please contact us at your earliest convenience http://vz.to/2bOqvnq.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tionnab_vzw
Verizon Employee

NEWBLUERIVER, I understand wanting to have the phone delivered to you instead of visiting a store location. The signature upon delivery is for the security of our customers as it is common to have packages stolen if just left at the doorstep. The phone can be ordered again and shipped out, it can be delivered to your work address if that will be more convenient for you. To have the order placed again please contact us at your earliest convenience http://vz.to/2bOqvnq.

0 Likes
JSM71
Enthusiast - Level 3

have been turned down 4 times for a replacement, including from that link you posted.  I understand Verizon just wants me to keep the Note 7 they shipped to me in August.  Thanks.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

they've required a signature on fedex/ups delivery of phones for years.

0 Likes
NEWBLUERIVER

Maybe I just have a nice FedEx delivery person, because they've always accepted a note on the door FOR YEARS and left it until this time with UPS. 

0 Likes
NEWBLUERIVER

My work does not accept personal deliveries.  I guess I'll end up driving to a store anyway.  So much for the convenience of shopping online.

0 Likes
adamg_vzw
Verizon Employee

JSM71,

That's awfully concerning given that we have so many options to assist customers with replacing their Samsung Note7. Your safety is a priority of ours and we certainly wouldn't prevent you from returning/exchanging a device that has been acknowledged by Samsung and the CPSC to be a potential hazard. How exactly have you been turned down or what specific reason was provided? And the link would have simply be to our Contact Us page. Were you also turned down through a specific channel of support there? Please advise what you have been told in regards to not being able to exchange your device.

AdamG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSuport

0 Likes
JSM71
Enthusiast - Level 3

twice at your store on S. Jefferson store in Falls Church, once on the phone, and once now at the chat at the link you posted.  Can't post the chat transcript because it's against your rules.  I understand you want me to keep the phone and that you're only pretending to participate in the recall, but it sure it confusing to customers.  (noting the poll on your own site where a 1/3 of your folks (all the non-VZ employees) can't get any help at all.

0 Likes
YaleK_VZW
Verizon Employee

Your safety and satisfaction is our priority, JSM71. We certainly should have gotten it right from the beginning. I have sent you a Direct Message and will look forward to seeing this to a final resolution.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes