Re: Why is my 4g signal indicator white not blue?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I thought the SIM card was accessed on the Droid Razr Maxx from the door on the left side of the phone. It is right next to the SD card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Codewize
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oh that's right, the one you need the special to to open. I'll try that but that only address one small issue with the upgrade. Honestly I'd like Verizon to push Jellybean out to my phone

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can't revert to the previous version of the OS.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Codewize
Enthusiast - Level 3

Maybe not but I can turn all my lines off and hand my phone to the person at the counter. I'm not convinced that down leveling coed ins't possible. You can do it on every other platform.

0 Likes
KJB1970

This issue has still not been addressed.  Can it be changed by to blue?  It was much easier to see!  Is there a fix?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No you can't change to back to blue. Google changed it specifically because white was easier to read then the blue. I for one agree with them. I have the Galaxy Nexus with the blue icons and I have used a few devices with KitKat white icons. The white is infinitely easier to read in daylight and low light.

0 Likes
Codewize
Enthusiast - Level 3

I, and hundreds of others, totally disagree. Have you read this? Look at the comments at the bottom of this page

http://androidandme.com/2014/05/news/motorola-droid-razr-hd-razr-maxx-hd-and-razr-m-kitkat-updates-g...

But you think a pile of unstructured black text on an all white screen is easier to read than soft text structured into colored bubbles?

If Verizon thinks they made good choices on this OS they should start asking the customers how they feel about it because in my opinion, they broke my phone.

0 Likes
babygirl1025
Enthusiast - Level 3

Personally I like kitkat. Yes at first I had a few bugs but clearing cache and factory reset helped tremendously. My phone seems faster and smoother. My battery life is great. I have had a few phones that I've been fed up with so I understand your pain. Before I had android I had a blackberry. Your not happy with android....well there is always Apple. Really no need in turning in your phones because other carriers have problems too. So chances are you could be on their forums complaining about the same thing or something new.

Codewize
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did you read ANY of what we're complaining about? If you did I think you're misunderstanding everything you read. What we're complaining about are not bugs. They're major changes to the way we use our devices. I'm not talkign about Ohh the color changed and I'm mad, I'm talking about things like there's now no easy way to put your phone on vibrate. The method of doing so takes us back to Gingerbread.

I'm talking about the flat looking, impossible to read or use "messaging" (text) interface. They've made it so difficult I don't even want to text anymore. Did you use Swype, the fabulous feature that's been part of Android for as long as I've had one. Gone, just like that leaving users in the lurch.

I don't dislike Android, as a matter of fact up until KitKat I was a huge Android Advocate. The problem is, at this point they're pretty much removed all the little nuances that separated it form the other guys. So there's nothing left for us to love, except the name, And if you're going to love a device simply for it's name then you should  have an iPhone.

0 Likes
babygirl1025
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yea I read everything you all said. When I wrote my comment I wasn't trying to be sarcastic by any means. I hate change jus as much as the next person...especially if everything was fine to begin with. But there are ways to work around stuff to make it easier. If you want swype....there's an app for that. If you want easier way to put phone on vibrate pull down your notification bar. You can do that from the lockscreen. If you don't like the white background in your messages....jus change it. As far as iphones go....I will NEVER own one of those things for the simple fact that apple jus deals with apple....android deals with everything. And I don't like a phone jus for the name...I like the operating system....and I try to choose the best phone when it comes time for my upgrade. Once again I wasn't trying to be smart...jus helpful.