Why is wi-fi running so slow?
Donny217
Enthusiast - Level 1

wifi is showing a great signal but runs really slow trying to pull any data up.  4G seems to pull everything up super fast.  What can I do to avoid un-necessary data charges?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: wifi is showing a great signal but runs really slow trying to pull any data up.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

For wifi connection issues, I would suggest troubleshooting the equipment and connections between your devices and the Comcast service point in your home.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: wifi is showing a great signal but runs really slow trying to pull any data up.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand  your predicament, Donny217. We all want the fastest speeds. What type of internet do you have? How many people are on your WiFi network? Who is your internet provider for your WiFi?

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Donny217
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am using a cable modem and its through comcast xfinity.  Have a total of three phones, two computers, and an xbox one connected to it.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

For wifi connection issues, I would suggest troubleshooting the equipment and connections between your devices and the Comcast service point in your home.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can also turn off the cellular data connection on the phone to ensure you are using only the wifi radio and not the 4G network.

0 Likes