Why won't email attachments download
AnitaLM
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since the most recent update my Note 4 will not download attachments in emails.

Any advice?

Re: Why won't email attachments download
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AnitaLM,

You’ve come to the right place, help is here. I understand how important it is to be able to view your entire email. Let’s get to work. Describe what is happening when you try to open an attachment? Additionally, what errors appear?

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
AnitaLM
Enthusiast - Level 2

I receive emails and am able to open them but most of them only show a portion of the email.

Before the recent update, I could hit the "load more" button in the bottom left corner and the full email would come up.

Now when I hit load more I just get the blue circle and it never loads.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for taking time to troubleshoot, AnitaLM. Are you using the Email application or Gmail?
YaleK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
AnitaLM
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using the email application. I didn’t have problems with it until the most recent software update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AnitaLM, we know how important emails are. Have you removed the email account from your phone and then re-added it? Another suggestion is to use your email provider’s app if they offer one in the Play Store.
StevenG_VZW

X

0 Likes
Johnsnj
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having the same problem since the last update. Open mail and when you hit load more it just shows the spinning circle and never finishes loading the email.

The email functioned fine before the update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Johnsnj,

Being able to retrieve your email is super important. Have you tried removing your email account & readding it in? How about using the email providers mail app (ex: Yahoo, Comcast, etc...) You may find those in the Play Store.

One other step to try is to reboot the email app itself:

Main Screen->Apps->Settings->Applications->Application Manager->All->Email App.

Click Force Stop , Clear Data & Clear Cache.

Once this is done, you can power your phone off/on & see if you are noticing a difference.

ChristineJ_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes