Why won't my account sync on my Note 3 after changing my Gmail password?
ncle

I changed my gmail password and when I tried to sign back in on my Note 3, it asks for the password and will not sign me in.  I typed the incorrect password to verify, and it flagged so I know the one I'm using is correct.  I deleted the account and tried to add it, but it says it is still active and will not let me go any further.  I have cleared the cache, cleared the data and uninstalled updates to bring it back to factory.  I have pulled the battery, restarted and shut down but every time I try to access gmail it says sync is not working so I have checked and unchecked the sync selections and as soon as it starts to sync, it flags as not responding.  I can log in to gmail on the computer and do not have a 2nd verification process set up.

Other than completely deleting my google profile, which I don't want to do due to having documents in my Drive, I'm at my wits end.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I changed gmail password, now gmail will not sync on Note 3.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good suggestion tbo27. I would also suggest removing that gmail sign in and start from scratch rather than just adding the email for the prompt that pops up. Please try that and share the details with us.
BobbyN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

do you have background data restricted ? fdr?

0 Likes
ncle

No, I only have Mobile Data turned on, the others are not checked.  The only thing I did differently was change my gmail password on my computer.  Yahoo asked me for a new sign in and it works, just not Gmail.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good suggestion tbo27. I would also suggest removing that gmail sign in and start from scratch rather than just adding the email for the prompt that pops up. Please try that and share the details with us.
BobbyN_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ncle -

We definitely want to get this resolved for you. You've definitely taken great steps already to get this resolved. Please clarify, do you have auto sign in on your computer for Gmail? We ask that you sign in to your Gmail on your computer, completely sign out, then try to sign back in with the new password and let us know if you receive an error message.
DaisyP_VZW

0 Likes
ncle

I deleted, shut off and reinstalled gmail.  Then tried to add my email account and it kept taking me back to the add email screen, so I logged on on the computer to make sure it was still ok, went back to the phone and tried again.  This time it said there was a problem connecting to Google, try again later.  Then 2 minutes later it went through and froze on the Retrieving Your Mail screen.  Another 2 minutes and it now appears to be back to working.

24 hours and endless back and forth just to change a password, so frustrating.

Thank you for your help, I do appreciate it.

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

in data usage click the menu button and see if restrict background data is enabled or factory data reset the phone

0 Likes