WiFi Disconnect issues
Iceman1983

So, the past 2 days, I have been unable to get on wifi both at home and work. My wife and I both have the Samsung s8 note. She is able to get on the wifi but for some reason, the past 2 days I cannot. Even at work using their wifi, same issue. Everyone except me can get on the wifi. ....what happens is that as soon as i connect to the wifi, I am immediately disconnected 2 seconds later. The exact same thing happens at work. I have tried every method that is out there from turning off smart switch, to a factory reset. I have tried forgetting the network and re-entering the information, restarting the phone, resetting the network settings. At home I even did all that was instructed with the router. But I know it's my phone because mine is the ONLY one doing this. My wife can connect with ease, my co workers, my friends..Everything was going fine for me as well, until 2 days ago..I am at wits end with this.

So basically..I hit connect, the wifi connects. 2 seconds later, disconnects. It does this over and over and over.

0 Likes
Re: WiFi Disconnect issues
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Have you gotten the update for the Verizon security app? People were saying on here that after they updated the app they were getting a warning message about their wifi was under attack or something.

Just wondering if this maybe your problem but that you are not getting the notification from it. It has to be some setting on your phone since it is doing it at home and at work or wherever. Do you have you developer options on? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kathy65793, we certainly appreciate your input on this situation. Your suggestions are very valid. When working with Wi-Fi connections I do also suggest resetting your Wi-Fi router as well.

NicoleT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I believe Iceman1983 has said he did do all that the router instructed him to do. I wonder how many more

Note8 owners are having this problem

0 Likes
MJM1965

FIXED!FIXED!FIXED!!!!!

My phone started doing the exact same thing. Would not stay connected to my Wi-Fi here at the house. I called Verizon Wireless and they kept passing me up to higher and higher levels to no avail. I am supposed to get a call at 7 p.m. tonight to talk directly to a Samsung expert. In the meantime I was searching the internet and I saw something about installing any apps that you recently installed. I got to thinking that the only thing I installed recently was a security app provided by Verizon Wireless. I uninstalled it and it works perfectly now! And you are correct when at my dad's house I got some scary message about the Wi-Fi being under attack. So you are spot-on with your information. Uninstall the Verizon Security app and you will be good to go or at least it worked for me!

0 Likes