WiFi connections are unstable on multiple different WiFi networks
pfs78
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has there been any updates on the unstable WiFi connection issues with the Note 3? I have this issue with multiple different WiFi networks even though signal strength is not an issue when it happens. I picked up my Note 3 in August/Sept 2013.

1. Work WiFi

2. Home 2.4G channel and 5G channel

From what I have searched so far, I am by far not the only person with this issue, but I have yet to see a fix or any kind of legitimate input  from Verizon on this issue.

The issue even happens in SafeMode so I know its not an app that I downloaded that is causing this issue.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: WiFi connections are unstable on multiple different WiFi networks
cgage823
Contributor - Level 1

This is a known issue with the Note 3. This is one of the reasons a few of us are screaming for the  Kit Kat update.

Are you switching over to your Data network?

0 Likes
pfs78
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is dropping me to 4g until it finally reconnects or I notice and force it back to wifi. Verizon just sent me a warranty replacement and within 20 minutes of getting it setup and connected to wifi, it does the same thing.

0 Likes
pfs78
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon is now sending me to Samsung Support, if they cant fix it Verizon will send me a 3rd replacement

0 Likes
cgage823
Contributor - Level 1

Samsung is aware of the issue. The fix is supposedly with Kit Kat.

They may suggest you going to a Best Buy mobile and have the software removed and put back on. Been there done that, didn't work.

Sending a replacement out isn't going to help. It is a known software issue, and it will continue until there is a build that fixes the issue. IE: Kit Kat.

You should have the MJE build. This software is the problem. MJ5 was no problem. If you get a replacement MJE should be on it, if not as soon as you put the SIM card in it will start to download it.

0 Likes