Wifi calling notification
Kianda81017
Enthusiast - Level 2

After the last update, i keep getting the pop up to activate wifi calling which i did when first getting the device. When i select it to activate, it says loading, please wait, then i receive an error message. I have disabled advanced calling, wifi, force stopped the app and even put the device in safe mode with no resolution. I can't even get in to turn the wifi calling on/off. How can I remedy this because I do use wifi calling.

0 Likes
Re: Wifi calling notification
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kianda81017, 

WiFi Calling is definitely a useful feature that should work properly. We're sorry to learn that you're having trouble turning it on. You've already done some really great troubleshooting, so let's dig right in. The next step we'd recommend would be to reset the network settings on your phone. This link https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-214319/ will provide you with the steps to do so. Resetting network settings will not erase your personal content, but it will remove any Bluetooth and WiFi connections you've saved. Once completed, please reconnect to WiFi and try turning WiFi Calling on.

If by chance that doesn't work, completing a full settings reset is the next option. This reset will remove any customization(ringtones, wallpapers, etc.) you've made to your device. Here's how to complete a full settings reset https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-214295/ . Please let us know if either of these options resolve the issue.

Shawnte_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kianda81017
Enthusiast - Level 2

I completed the reset network settings & reset all settings with no success.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Darn! I really appreciate you giving that a shot, Kianda81017. You have already tried some fantastic steps, and I know how important it is to get Wi-Fi Calling working on your Note 8 again, so I'd like you to try these steps to reset the application itself:

1. Go to Settings/Apps/Show system apps
2. Scroll down to Wi-Fi Calling, tap it.
3. Tap Storage
4. Tap Clear Data, then delete, then back to the previous screen
5. Tap Force Stop

I know you mentioned trying the Force Stop before, but completing the first four steps before stopping the app can make a huge difference. Once all five steps are done, use the steps from https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-130983/ to activate HD Voice before using the steps at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-214442/ to activate Wi-Fi Calling one more time. If it still gives you trouble, please let me know the exact error message you receive and what zip code you're in when you're trying to activate Wi-Fi Calling.

Jennifer_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Kianda81017
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good morning. So, I performed the additional steps provided. My zip code is 37128 & the message I receive when trying to activate wifi calling is: unable to activate wifi calling at this time, please try again later.     

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your efforts thus far, Kianda81017. Let's continue to dig into this. Do you have any trouble while activating HD Voice, http://spr.ly/6582DUpjp? What is the current software showing in your phone, http://spr.ly/6583DUpjV?

Danielle_VZW

0 Likes
WestRiver

I just upgraded my Galaxy S8+ and got the same notification about WiFi calling, and the same error message when trying to re-activate it.  I did a force stop and data clear of WiFi calling in the app manager.  I'd really rather not FDR my phone since that didn't work for the original poster.  My zip is 01741.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CliveGN4, we want to ensure you can get your Wi-Fi calling activated as needed. I welcome the opportunity to address your inquiry. While the original poster did perform some resets in the device, a Factory reset wasn't one of them. We did have them reset the network settings and also a reset of all settings. We also had them reset their Wi-Fi calling application. I'd recommend resetting the Wi-Fi calling application as explained by Jennifer. Once reset, please ensure your HD/Advanced calling is also enabled and retry activation of your Wi-Fi calling. Keep us posted with your results. 

Ebony_VZW

0 Likes
RLVLK
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had this problem since the June update.  Yesterday's update was to fix the WiFi calling bug. Now, instead of just notifying me every second or every 5 minutes, it tells me WiFi calling is unavailable when I try to activate it.  I have 0 signal at my house. I need WiFi calling for the phone to work at home. The "clear storage/force stop"  doesn't fix the problem.

0 Likes
WestRiver

Ebony,

I followed Jennifer's procedure more carefully this time (force close *last*) and voila!  I'm back.  Excellent.  thank you!

0 Likes