Wifi calls go to voicemail
windywoo
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I have WiFi on and data off whenever someone calls me it goes straight to voicemail? I don't know anyone called me until I see the voicemail pop up.Help!

Labels (1)
Re: Wifi calls go to voicemail
bearone21
Legend

if data's off & wi-fi signal is weak might be why going to voicemail.

if this is an android, suggest you use settings/wi-fi/smart select.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Windywoo, we can't have you missing out on calls, especially in this day and age. We'd like to ask a few questions to help get to the bottom of this right away. Have the calls ever worked in the past when you have WiFi on and data off? If so, when did you notice the issue started? Lastly, what model Samsung phone do you have?

StevenM_VZW

0 Likes
trueharmony3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this issue, but I don't have data off its on but I do have wifi calling on and I get voicemails but no calls or missed calls, not all the time but a lot of the time especially when someone tells me.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you are missing your calls. Just to be sure when your calls go to voicemail, you don't only have Wi-Fi Calling on but you are connected to Wi-Fi? When you don't have Wi-Fi Calling on, do you hear the phone ring? DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
krugerjk
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem.  When on wifi my phone goes straight to voicemail.  I spent an hour today with a customer service person with no luck.  I have full bars of wifi but only 2 bars of verizon cellular coverage.  I'm in my home so this is very inconvenient.

Tortugonal

Same for me. Started several weeks ago. Fairly new issue; super troubling.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@krugerjk

It's great to know that you get full signal bars with your home Wi-Fi, but there's a lot more that we'd need to know about your calls going to Voicemail. You had said that you are connected to Wi-Fi when this happens, but what if you turned off your Wi-Fi? Will calls come through normally, or do they still go to Voicemail? Are you using Wi-Fi Calling when at home?

0 Likes
krugerjk
Enthusiast - Level 1

Both cellular and WI-FI calls went to voicemail after a 1/2 ring.  Not long enough for anyone to pickup even when the device was in your hand.  This went on for over a week.

After much debugging I found the problem. I had setting>phone>calls on other devices enabled.  My MacBook Pro >FaceTime app had crashed without me knowing it.  After force quitting the FaceTime app on the Mac and relaunching it the problem went away.

My first conversation with a Verizon agent was good but he wasn't able to find the problem.  In the second chat I attempted to try to get help the Verizon agent literally asked me one question "is Do Not Disturb on?" in an hour long chat.  And that was after knowing another agent had already tried helping.  That was incredibly frustrating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

krugerjk, we appreciate you getting back to us, and we will ensure we help lift the feedback up as I can understand how much frustration this can endure. We are happy, however, to learn that you were able to resolve this issue by realizing the underlining problem causing your calls to go straight to voicemail. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns that we can help you with as we are a keystroke away. 

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes