Re: Wifi calls go to voicemail
StephanieL74

I am having the same problem too. It started in July after one of the updates. It is very frustrating. This combined with the poor service Verizon now has makes me want to switch to another company after 25 years. For what we all pay we should have top notch service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nobody here wants you to leave. Let's turn this around. On your Galaxy Note follow these steps:

Reset APN settings to default

1. Go to Settings
  2. Tap More networks (under Connections tab, or More, Wireless & networks, Wireless Controls, Wireless Manager, Phone Information)
  3. Tap Mobile or Cellular networks
  4. Tap Access Point Names
  5. Tap the Menu icon (3 vertical dots or 'More,' usually in the top right corner)
  6. Tap Reset to default   

Once the reset is completed, place a call to the phone while connected to Wi-Fi calling. What are the results?
0 Likes
Jukicdm
Enthusiast - Level 1

Reset to default button/option is grayed out.

goldencolorado
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem.  iF WIFI is on incoming calls go directly to voicemail.  Sometimes the phone will ring a couple of times and other times it doesn't ring.  Found if I turn off Wifi I can get incoming calls.  HOWEVER, turning off wifi I cannot get data.  What is this about?  Verizon rep also no help.  You should be able to keep wifi on and still get calls i feel.  Right?  What's the problem and why can't Verizon help solve the problem?

MattE303
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same problem here, been an issue for years. I was hoping a new phone would fix it, but still an issue with a brand new Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra. 

Mobile Data is ON, "Do Not Disturb" is OFF, WiFi signal is very strong.  If I have WiFi Calling off, all calls ring through fine, but if I have WiFi Calling ON, some calls go straight to voicemail, the phone NEVER RINGS.  Verizon's coverage at our home is not great, so this is a significant problem!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MattE303, we're sorry to hear that you're having problems with your Wi-Fi Calling. We'd love to help as much as possible and we'll send you a Private Note so we can help.

~Jesse

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are still here to provide support. If you prefer, we do have other support channels that you can reach out to for assistance. You can review all of our support options here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/  ~Peter

0 Likes