Wifi connection issues
jleamorgan
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have issues with wifi connections with my Note 3.  It just started last week.  I do have lollipop, but did not have this issue after upgrading.   Could this be a manufacturer's defect? I've tried powering down and removing sim card.  It doesn't fix it.  I wanted to verify the issues were not with my home connection, and I have found that the issue follows my phone. Smiley Sad  Any ideas?

Frustrated!!!

0 Likes
Re: Wifi connection issues
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

What happens when you try to connect?

0 Likes
jleamorgan
Enthusiast - Level 1

It says it connects, but then I have ZERO service.  It will stay connected to wifi for about 2 minutes then drop the connection.  Reconnect and then drop again.  I have tried this at home and at work, so I know it is not my wifi.  I have not had any issue like this before. 

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

While testing it in 2 places is good and I'd agree and think it was the phone, how does your work set up Wi-Fi? Usually it's more complicated and is the reason for lack of connectivity. Have you tried it at a few friends houses also?

Just to verify, it was working just fine last week and then suddenly started this issue? Did you download any new apps around the same time this started?

0 Likes
jleamorgan
Enthusiast - Level 1

No new apps have been downloaded.  Our work wifi is just like a house.  You just have to have the code to use it. 

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If you are able and can find it, under Application Manager perhaps, I would clear the cache and data for your Wi-Fi.

If your work is set up like a house, does it have a limited number of devices that can connect to it? That is another theory and depends on the router you have.

Firewall is another theory.

0 Likes
jleamorgan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Clearing the cache did nothing to help. Smiley Sad  

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You cleared data too yes? You'll have to re-do passwords, but you're running out of options. You may need to take it to Verizon where they will try to connect it to their Wi-Fi as well.

0 Likes
jleamorgan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I had to add the password back in but to no avail.  Seems like my phone has decided to shun me from access to the internet!  Next stop, Verizon.  Thanks for your help!!!

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Fingers crossed it's a simple fix.