Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wifi not working - even though it says connected and signal is strong
New12

I connected to Wifi, it says connected, and the signal strength is strong, but none of my apps work - all of my apps says it is not connected. I connect my laptop on the same Wifi network with no issues. Also, when connected to Wifi, the 4G LTE sign on top is still there! What is going on?

On my old Note 3, I never had this issue. I connect to Wifi; if it says connected and says the signal is strong... then it is connected and the signal is strong. All the apps works fine AND the 4G LTE sign goes away - showing it is NOT in use. Of course, when the Wifi signal drops, I would see the 4G LTE sign pop back up - showing it has switched to the 4G LTE data...

Why is it with this Note 4, the Wifi is all messed up? Someone please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wifi not working - even though it says connected and signal is strong
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thanks for reaching out NEw12.

Let's get this Wifi up and running.  I want you to love the Note 4! Have you tried with moibile data off? Have you tried with Public Wifi?  Have you attempoted to delete the Wifi connection and reconnect it?

JoeL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
abby_n45

I'm having this same issue with my 6 week old Note 4. I was sent a refurbished phone, which still has the same issue. I've tried all of the above, I've done a factory reset on my phone, I've updated my router firmware... very frustrating. I'm about ready to switch back to my Galaxy S4... even if I had to have it plugged in all the time, at least it was functional.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want you to be able to get the full use of your new phone! So we would not want you to go back to your old phone abby_n45. Let's look deeper. What’s the software version of your phone? Any updates needed on your phone? http://vz.to/1zRCy64 Is this happening intermittent or consistently?  Is this happening everywhere with other WiFi’s too? Do you currently have a case on your device? Here are some addtional steps to try:  http://vz.to/1J0nmZJ Keep us posted on the outcome. 

-TakendraW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
abby_n45

I'm running 5.0.1-no updates needed. Intermittent problem, occurs on other wifi networks too. I have the Incipio case recommended to my by the Verizon store.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thanks for the additional information Abby! You do have the latest software available! Let's test something else. Please remove the protective case, then remove/forget the WiFi network as per this link http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-123265/ then power off/on and test without the protective case. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
abby_n45

Tried this, did not change.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

abby_n45, we appreciate you doing these extra steps with us. When you do the initial connect to the wifi does it find and connect to the wifi? Does it connect with any wifi router?

RobinD_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes