Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
lthares

When I open my wifi to connect to a nearby network there are multiple networks that seem to be stuck in the list.  Networks I know are miles, towns and even counties away.  Is there any way to purge this data without loosing all my saved networks?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wifi
stargazer72460

If you long press on one of the networks that has a statement saying "Not in range", it will give you the option to forget network.  The only thing about this is that the network you remove could be a friends house who lives in another town.

0 Likes
lthares

I know how to forget networks.  The ones I'm talking about I have never connected to but they stay in the available networks list with a signal, but I know they aren't in range and if I try to connect to them I can't, even though they supposedly have a signal.  I see them everywhere I go and they are pretty custom network names.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Ithares,

Here to help! If you still need to remove Wi-Fi connections click on the link for step by step instructions:http://vz.to/1BbOlQJ

YareliM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
lthares

I don't know how many times or how many ways I need to say this, but they are not saved networks!  I know how to forget a saved network.  These networks seem to be stuck in the cache of the wifi program.  It is currently showing that I have 53 available networks to connect and 23 saved networks that are not in range.  The not in range saved networks I don't have a problem with.  It's the other 53 that I am not actually in range of, with the exception of two.  I want to make the other ones go away.  The ones that claim I am in range no matter where I go!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I apologize for our confusion, lthares! I do have an understanding of your concerns. What happens when you long press on the networks? We can also try searching for an app or process through Settings>Applications>All. If we were to find the exact process for it please consider it might clear all connections including the saved ones. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes