Re: Will Verizon allow previous Note 7 users trade in early to get a Note 8?
BIGHAWK420
Enthusiast - Level 1

By the way the answer is NO.

0 Likes
RRIDGWAY1217
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon isnt going to help, Samsung isnt going to help...I think we should

be able to trade the phone in and have the trade it credit go toward the

payoff!

0 Likes
CK10
Enthusiast - Level 3

As everyone has stated buying a Note 7 was a disadvantage.  So you are now stuck in contract and the trade-in credit does nothing in reality because you are not going to make 2 payments until the Note replacement is paid off.

Solution:  Switch to T-Mobile.  They will buy out what ever value is left (up to $650) for every phone in your plan.  Or wait to pay off your phone and buy a different brand phone.

Samsung does not deserve my loyalty with this deal.  The Note 8 looks great but, there are great phones coming out everyday. The only major differentiation is the stylus.  Yeah there are other things, but most are very close seconds.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the feedback, RRIDGWAY1217. Our team is reviewing the situation to find out the best course of action possible for the new Samsung Note 8 device after the Samsung Note 7 recall. Our current promotion can qualify for a discount of up to %50 towards the new Samsung Note 8 when purchased on a Device Payment Agreement.

JoshuaT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
RACBRO3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon....did you even read our concerns???

WE KNOW ABOUT THE 50% "PROMO"

It does not help us stuck in contracts with "replacement phones". Why should we have to fork out nearly $500 to pay them off?

Just give us our original 1yr 50% eligible upgrade back that you stole.

Or

Use the 50% trade in offer to pay off our old phones and give us a Note 8 full price.

Not hard. I really hope you are "reviewing the situation". Because the current one is not helpful and ridiculous.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/352826418481464/

RRIDGWAY1217
Enthusiast - Level 3

Exactly!!!

acerhater
Enthusiast - Level 1

We traded in our Note 7's twice and downgraded to the S7 edge for all 3.  We were told that we would be able to upgrade to the Note 8 as soon as it came out with no out of pocket costs.  Guess we shouldn't have believed what we were being told.  I would love to get back to the Note series of phones but we cant afford paying off 3 phones then getting this awful per month discount.  Verizon should use the discount to pay off our downgraded phones and let us pay off or have monthly payments on the Note 8.  So disappointed.

RRIDGWAY1217
Enthusiast - Level 3

I really hope Verizon is listening! The "deal" that they, and Samsung have

is not helping the majority of Note 7 users. I spent the majority of the

day yesterday on yhe phone with both companies, I will say Verizon was

easier to talk with, however, this issue cant be fixed with a customer

service rep, it needs to be addressed by someone on up the chain. I am just

hoping with the calls, text, emails and forums that one of those higher ups

will do something.

RRIDGWAY1217
Enthusiast - Level 3

T Mobile doesnt work where I live, so for me thats not an option.

0 Likes
RRIDGWAY1217
Enthusiast - Level 3

We all understand the 50% off promo. The problem is we cant take advantage of that offer because we owe too much on these "replacement" phones. We arent able to use the Samsung offer for the same reason. My bill is 535, my payoff is 595, then the taxes for the note8 $95. In addition to buying new case, screen protector and new car charger. What we need is to have the replacement phone become eligible for upgrade by using the 480 toward the payoff, and I am willing to pay the 40 a month through the payment plan for the note 8. Not trying to get something for nothing, just want the credit to go where we need it.