Will VoLTE work on an unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note 8 on the Verizon Network?
The_Chemist
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does anyone have VoLTE working on an unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note 8 on the Verizon Network.

I am currently using an unlocked Nexus 6 that is compatible with VoLTE on Verizon.

I just ordered an unlocked note 8 directly from Samsung and may cancel my order if VoLTE will not function on Verizon.

Can anybody please confirm if their unlocked Note 8 is VoLTE compatible with Verizon?

I appreciate any and all replies. Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Will VoLTE work on an unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note 8 on the Verizon Network?
dori11

I have an unlocked Note 8 from Best Buy.  I was able to activate VoLTE by downloading the MyVerizon app from the Play Store.  It took me days to get that app loaded, but it finally worked.  Then within the app I went to the Menu>Account>Add-Ons, selected my Device (if you have more than 1), selected HD Voice and activated it.

Good Luck!

0 Likes
Re: Will VoLTE work on an unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note 8 on the Verizon Network?
The_Chemist
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

So, did you already have VoLTE turned on in your Verizon Wireless account before downloading the my verizon app?  I think they call it advanced calling 1.x or something like that..

Are you happy with the in call sound quality from the Note 8?  Currently using the Nexus 6, I think it has the best sound of any phone I ever used.

Thanks,

Chris

0 Likes