With kit kat update I can not receive or send mms messages. Why and what can I do to fix?
lisa2216

My Note 3 just updated to kit kat but now I am unable to send or receive mms messages. Can anyone help?

0 Likes
Re: With kit kat update I can not receive or send mms messages. Why and what can I do to fix?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lisa2216,

Sorry to hear that the MMS messaging isn’t working. Let’s get that working again. Make sure you have a data connection by loading a new webpage. Try placing the device in Safe Mode and retest: http://vz.to/Sbe5eg . Let us know how it is working in safemode.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: With kit kat update I can not receive or send mms messages. Why and what can I do to fix?
bill_ballew

I am also having trouble with this! I put it in Safe Mode as suggested but it is still having the same problem. It was a lot worse earlier but right now sending and recieving is delayed by 5-10 minutes. As well as this, the status of a message I try sending will continue to be "Sending" although my son's phone as already received the text

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's very odd bill.ballew! Let's get this fixed! Please delete all old messages. Then power down the device and remove and reinsert the sim card and retest.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bill_ballew

Okay I just deleted all my messages, powered off, took out and reinserted my SIM card. My son and I tried sending messages again but the same problem happened. He sent me a message at 9:02 PM and I received it at 9:03 PM so that is fine. When I sent him one at 9:04 the status of it was pending but he received it at 9:06. At 9:07, on my phone the message status was still pending then later says it failed to send. We tried that 3 times and the latest it took a message to be received on my phone by my son was 4 minutes with messages I send showing to fail but actually do send a few minutes later.

I'm not sure if that is an average time for sms to send/recieve on 3 bar connection, but I'm mostly just concerned why my phone is not stating the right status of messages I send to people.

0 Likes
bill_ballew

Not only that but now it has this annoying weird music that keeps looping! I have no idea where it is coming from but the only way that seems to make it stop is to put it on vibrate. I am going to try to see a local Verizon store and see if they can help also.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is definitely strange, bill.ballew. When is the looping music heard? Is it an announcement of some kind that plays when you receive a text or other type of alert?

We're we able to help solve this when you visited the store?

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bill_ballew

I haven't had time to go to the Verizon Store yet but I'm not sure what the sound is playing from. Its not a sound I use for my ringtone or notification sound or alarms but I can somehow silence it by setting my phone on vibrate. It seemed to have stopped in the morning though but it starts playing randomly at any given time.

0 Likes