Worse phone ever
spottsmom
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you happen to be disabled DO NOT GET THIS PHONE!!!!
I got it and was told by tech that it would be fine. When i started using it  tried 3 times to return it within the 14 days. Customer Reps always said this would fix it or that would fix it  So i call a couple weeks later explaining how i can not use it due to my disabilities i have severe tremors and it is making windows pop up al over from the bar They tell me Too BAD
Mind you i have been with Verizon sine 2011 and have dealt with them messing up my account and  my falling in their store for them to all to stand and laugh and no one helped and now this.
I am seriously tired of paying the most out of the many Wireless companies and getting borked in the process. I just want a phone that I can use. If i end up in here sick or have fallen and can not get it to work then what?

So whatever you do if you have disabilities steer clear of this one.

0 Likes
Re: Worse phone ever
Snn5
Legend

Perhaps a basic phone like a flip is more apt to your safety.  I would think any touchscreen phone from any manufacturer or carrier would p[resent similar struggles.  if you need the phone for safety and communication such as a phone is used for, bigger/physical buttons may be a better fit.

0 Likes
spottsmom
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually the edge thing on the side is the issue i have had other smart phone with no issue and dummy me had to get that edge phone. The tech said it could be turned off but that is NOT true i tried i asked for another smart phone even get another Galaxy 5 and pay for it or G 6 regular anything but one with this bar and they were not wiling to help I did look and see they are charging me more for this then any others with the edge program so i guess it is not enough i am paying higher then all other companies they want the most for a phone too. Sprint is cheaper and willing to pay  part of the bill i have one phone the contract is up soon so when that is up i will be leaving Verizon

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

spottsmom wrote:

When i started using it  tried 3 times to return it within the 14 days. Customer Reps always said this would fix it or that would fix it 

Still, you had 14 days and could have returned it and no one could have stopped you from returning it, unless you had physically broken the phone.  So....I don't understand how you TRIED to return it, but never successfully just paid the restocking fee and exchanged it for another device without the edge portion/side.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

As someone who has many disabled family members I am sympathetic to your problem and it's quite a shame that you didn't find this forum earlier so you could ask about different features of phones and perhaps list things that make phone use easier for you so we could give you our 2 cents.

I can certainly see how the side buttons would pose a problem and am not personally familiar with that phone, but have you tried to put a phone case on it? Something thick that would provide more grip and allow you to hold onto it better and hopefully help in keep your fingers further away from the side buttons.

Something to mention is that Sprint and T-mobile are cheaper because they don't provide as large of service; not that they couldn't possibly be better at customer service, but their range of service is smaller. Verizon is the largest and in turn can charge more. If you never leave the house and find another carrier can provide service in your area then it may be worth it to switch, but maybe try the phone case first.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I like this one because it seems thick and if possible you could use the kickstand as added grip in order to keep your hands away from the side.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Holster-Kickstand-Locking-Circle/dp/B00WY7NP9K/ref=sr_1_14?s=wireless&...

I like this one because you can flip the flap back around and add double the thickness to hold onto and again keep your fingers away from the side.

Note Edge Case, Abacus24-7 Note Edge Wallet Case [Book Fold] Leather Galaxy Note Edge Cover [Flip Co...

Same as the previous one, I like that you could potentially flip the flap all the way around to provide better grip.

StilGut® UltraSlim, Leather Case for Samsung Galaxy Note Edge, Black:Amazon:Cell Phones & Accessorie...

0 Likes