Would I also be able to get refunded for the GearVR heardset?
BOBBYPSX
Enthusiast - Level 2

What note 7 accessories are included in this return? For example I bought a Samsung GearVR headset (black) from best buy to use with the note 7 as the white version would not fit the larger phone. Would i also be able to get refunded for this accessory as well or would I have to go to samsung directly?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Note 7 accessories
BOBBYPSX
Enthusiast - Level 2

Best buy has updated their return policy regarding the Note 7 Accessories.

Q: Can I return my accessories for my Note7?

A: Currently Best Buy will accept all returns for Note7 accessories even if it is beyond the standard 14-day return period.

After a few transfers i was sent to the best buy mobile sales department who were more than willing to refund my GearVR outisde of the 14-day return period.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Because the headset was purchased at Best Buy, I would reach out to them and see what policies have been put into place concerning the Note 7 and accessories.

0 Likes
_BrianZ
Contributor - Level 1

I purchased the Note7 Lens Cover case on Amazon for over $100, which includes both a wide angle & telephoto lens that screws into the custom case.  I also bought over $100 worth of other accessories, like 2 car chargers with USB-C connectors, 2 card readers (like a flash drive stick, but with memory card slots) with USB + USB-C connectors, and 2 wireless chargers.  I have been using the card readers to import photos from my DSLR camera for editing, and for backing up phone micro-SD card data to my PC.

I'm coming from a Note 3, and my replacement Note7 received 7 Oct works fine.  I would like to keep it, as long as Samsung/Verizon don't try to remotely disable it with some kind of sabotage update.  I guess I could drop the insurance then, as nothing else would be suitable to me.  If I had to, I'd go back to my Note3 & regain my freedom from the new 2-yr commitment I accepted with Verizon, perhaps the only consolation in this disaster.  I feel sorry too for all those after-market suppliers of lens cases & other accessories.

For now, I continue to use my Note7, but cautiously.  I reset it to medium power saving mode, turned off Fast charging, set it down on a stone coaster instead of on a wooden table, keep my micro-SD card extractor tool in my pocket at all times, and turn my phone off at night & put it on the stove where there's a smoke alarm nearby.

0 Likes
rashadm_vzw
Verizon Employee

Customer safety is our number one priority. We are asking all of our customers to power their device down and return it to the place of purchase. If purchased online from our website, you can return it at your local Verizon Wireless store Verizon Stores Near Me | Verizon Wireless  . Accessories purchased directly from us are eligible for a refund. Get all of the information about the Note 7 recall here Samsung Galaxy Note7 Recall Exchange FAQs | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
BOBBYPSX
Enthusiast - Level 2

Best buy has updated their return policy regarding the Note 7 Accessories.

Q: Can I return my accessories for my Note7?

A: Currently Best Buy will accept all returns for Note7 accessories even if it is beyond the standard 14-day return period.

After a few transfers i was sent to the best buy mobile sales department who were more than willing to refund my GearVR outisde of the 14-day return period.

0 Likes