backordered note 7
DIABRA23

i ordered my note 7 about half a week ago. Its scheduled to be sent on 10/12, I havent received any email since ive ordered this phone, the only thing showing under my orders is my old phone trade in. How do I check that I'm still going to receive my phone? I don't care about the recall, I'll gladly take my chances out of the small amount that have caught fire out of the millions.

0 Likes
Re: backordered note 7
Weth
Legend

It is unlikely you will ever receive your Note 7.

Samsung has stopped manufacturing the phone. All major carriers have stopped selling the phone. You will need to decide on a different phone.

mama23dogs
Legend

Ditto.  The phone has been pulled.  It is likely the Note 7 (which should have been a Note 6)  will be a skipped year.  Heads will roll at Samsung supplier. 

Maybe they will have their act together for the Note 8.  No wait, that is the 8" tablet.  Hmmm

Weth
Legend

"Power down your Samsung Galaxy Note 7 phone now. No one should have to be concerned their phone will endanger them, their family or their property,” U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission Chairman Elliot S Kaye said in a statement emailed to USA TODAY. “Due to the ongoing safety concerns associated with Galaxy Note 7 phones, it is the right move for Samsung to suspend the sale and exchange of all Galaxy Note 7s.”

The South Korean electronics giant, meanwhile, issued a statement late Monday, in which it asked "all carrier and retail partners globally to stop sales and exchanges of the Galaxy Note7 while the investigation is taking place.”

This will have major consequences for Samsung. It is a big benefit to Apple, Google, and LG. Samsung rushed this product to market to beat Apple before the iPhone 7 announcement. They are paying that price in a huge, huge way.

mama23dogs
Legend

Bingo.  They pushed the Note 5 last year for the same reason.  They made a huge mistake thinking android users would ever pick an iPhone over this productivity phablet.   

Fail in manufacturing, and marketing. 

0 Likes
carment_vzw
Verizon Employee

DIABRA23-

Your safety is very important to us and I want to be as helpful as possible to assist with a replacement option in a timely manner. Please respond to my Private Message at your earliest convenience.

Carment_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DIABRA23

Replied.

0 Likes