Re: bad battery life in Lollipop 5.01 - excessive swapping
The_Sim
Contributor - Level 1

This issue was finally fixed by the VRU2BOK3 5.1.1 update. No factory reset was ever performed or needed. The phone performs great again, with less battery use and reduced lag. I blame a combination of Google (the system bugs) and Verizon (took how long to deploy?) for the fiasco.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Where's the blame for Samsung. They are the ones who wrote the code as well as how much resources to use in writing it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
The_Sim
Contributor - Level 1

You're right, they share part of the blame for the lengthy delay. Samsung did not write the buggy code in 5.01, though, that was Google, but Samsung took far too long to apply the 5.1.1 fix to Note 4 (and then Verizon took even longer). You can't believe how relieved I am to use my phone again now that 5.1.1 has been applied.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon doesn't touch the code so I don't know how they could delay it in that regard. Verizon only tests the update and if it fails it gets sent back to Samsung for fixing and the process starts over again.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
The_Sim
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon was the last of the 'majors' to provide the 5.1.1 update for the Note 4 (by several months).

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Then maybe it had to be tested multiple times because it kept failing. Since Samsung isn't open about their process for software updates, we might never know the whole story.

0 Likes