bluetooth not working for fitbit on note 4 after ota update
ABLACKRAM
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Galaxy Note 4 Model which was working fine until I took the system update to MMB29M.N910VVRS2CQE1  today. When I open the Bluetooth menu and scan, I can't get it to detect my fitbit at all.  I did a battery pull and it did see the fitbit, when I told it to connect, it said connect failed.  Other Bluetooth items are working fine.

Re: bluetooth not working for fitbit on note 4 after ota update
KellyS616

I think this might be a FitBit issue.  I also have a Samsung and did the update, however, I can't get my Flex to connect with an iPhone either.  I pulled the battery and restarted everything (phone/blue tooth). It now "finds" my Flex, but "can't communicate" with it. 

Same conversation going on over there....

Re: Synching Issue with Flex - Page 4 - Fitbit Community

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ABLACKRAM,

Device software updates are supposed to enhance your device experience not eliminate them! Allow to further investigate the details. Can you please provide us the model of your Fitbit? Also, can you please check to make sure your Fitbit app is fully up to date?

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ABLACKRAM
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is a FitBit One, the software has been updated it is Version 2.55 (2193155) updated yesterday.  My wife has the same phone and fitbit and she also is having the same issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ablackram, we appreciate those extra details. When trying to connect with the Fitbit, are you going through the Fitbit app or the bluetooth settings?

LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ABLACKRAM
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for getting back to me.  It is  both in the Bluetooth settings and the app.

When I go into Bluetooth and scan, most of the time the device will not display.  If I do a battery pull, then start the Bluetooth scan, I DO display the ONE fitbit.  However, when I try to pair, it states "Can not connect to one).

In the fitbit application, I try to connect via Sync now, and I get a failure to connect.

0 Likes
ddschneider1972
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's doing the same on my note 4 & Pebble 2. I've read elsewhere on here quite a few things aren't working for people since this update. It's frustrating considering what we pay for these devices and services!

Is there a way to rollback my update?

0 Likes
jiff777
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have two Fitbit Surge's, one 15 months old and another brand new. I got the new one out of the box when I was unable to get the new one to sync anymore. No difference. Mine has not been able to sync since the morning I did the update. They sync to my tablets and laptops, but not by Note 4. I have spent days trying to figure it out. I have done everything except do a complete reset of my phone. I'm glad but sad to find out it is a Verizon update issue. Hope is extremely dim that Verizon will admit or address the issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for letting me know Ablackram. Since you are having issues with two different phones, it may be a compatibility issue with the software. Are you able to connect to other Bluetooth devices?

AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
LOZLOSA
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon: As evidenced by the hundreds of people making the same complaint, the problem rests with your prematurely released update. Fix it, please.