cannot use visual voicemail on unlocked note 8
classicauto
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had purchased an unlocked galaxy note 8 phone before moving our business account to Verizon. Now I cannot get visual vm and have been to Verizon cs for 30 plus minutes who referred me Samsung for 30 minutes who referred back to verizon and then back to Verizon who says it cannot figure out why cannot get the visual vm app and go back to Samsung. Has anyone found a solution other than a third party app or return phone to Samsung?

Re: cannot use visual voicemail on unlocked note 8
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I have a S 7 edge and don't know if the settings are the same or not but I go to Setting-notifications - advance - then go down to voicemail and tap on it  make sure you have set as priority then there is a Blue I tap that and make sure the settings are right.

0 Likes
classicauto
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks yes I have tried that but there is not a voicemail application in the settings or advanced settings.. They are saying that the application cannot be downloaded or installed by Verizon if not a Verizon phone. Sounds strange that an application cannot be installed but have had three calls with Verizon who said no can do and two with Samsung that says it can. I may have to send phone back to Samsung. I tried some third party apps but not satisfied with them. Frustrating.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Don't know if they sent you here or not

Voicemail | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
classicauto
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had posted this just prior to my last two conversations with verizon and samsung

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I did not realize that you did not get the phone from Verizon. When you were on the phone with customer service did they suggest how you could get their software on your phone. I don't know if that is an option that you would want to do but I think that is the only way to get their full support on that phone Is there a Verizon Corp store near you? I would call them and explain the problem you are having and see what they could suggest. Let us know if you get this worked out. I'm sure it will help someone else in the same boat as you are in. 

0 Likes
COMPUZEN
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got off the phone with the tier 2 tech coach.

They said since it wasn't a Verizon branded phone, that the apps couldn't be installed on my phone.

Same phone and operating system as the model that's locked to Verizon, but for some reason I can't install Visual Voicemail or Call ID?

I'm going to look into sideloading the apps if I can find recent apks for them

classicauto
Enthusiast - Level 2

As far as I know that is not an option let me know because Samsung is giving me a problem on returning phone now

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I believe there is a charge for the caller ID

0 Likes
classicauto
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has nothing to do with caller id

0 Likes