com.sec.imservices
trizmonde

Every since my recent update to the latest version of Android (Lollipop) my phone gives me an error message every so often that reads "Unfortunately com.sec.imservices has stopped" and the only option the error message gives me is "Ok". It doesn't let me report the issue. Along with the error message my phone's battery drains unbelievably fast.I have factory reset my phone with hopes of fixing the issue, without any luck. And I just cleared my system cache, so far so good.... But I'm hoping to get more information on this issue, why it's happening and how to permanently resolve it. Please help. Samsung Galaxy Note 4

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: com.sec.imservices
stef7
Master - Level 2

This is what I found when I did a little searching.

If you are using a custom launcher, try removing it.

Next, try booting into Safe mode.

Then in Settings | Applications | Applications manager, try clearing the cache of Contacts and com.sec.imsservice.

Then reboot the device.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

This is what I found when I did a little searching.

If you are using a custom launcher, try removing it.

Next, try booting into Safe mode.

Then in Settings | Applications | Applications manager, try clearing the cache of Contacts and com.sec.imsservice.

Then reboot the device.

0 Likes
trizmonde

A custom launcher? I'm not sure what that is and I don't think there is one

on my phone, although I could be wrong. How do I clear the cache of the

contacts and com.sec.imsservice in safe mode?

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

A custom launcher is a homescreen replacement program that offers features above and beyond what might be standard on your phone. It might have been something you installed under KK, and it re-loaded under Lollipop, but could be incompatible.

The example on this other site was "Go Launcher". There are other custom launchers in the playstore. If you have one, uninstall it.

Other people claimed FB Messenger was culprit.

So if you can get into SafeMode...

Go into Settings | Applications | Applications manager (or something similar to this).

Swipe to get to the All tab.

Scroll down. Find Contacts. Press it. Clear cache.

Do same for com.sec.imsservice

0 Likes
trizmonde

I don't have any other launcher installed on my phone. Only what it came

with when I purchased it. I'll try clearing the cache

0 Likes