displaying wrong time on my note 4
miss_sm
Enthusiast - Level 1

the time on my note 4 is displaying the wrong time. its an hour faster then the correct time. went to work too early and missed an hour of sleep which is alot since i dont get enough sleep anyways. whats going on and is there a fix?

0 Likes
Re: displaying wrong time on my note 4
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets get your device back to correct time! May I ask if the isssue is fixed after a soft reset on the device? If this does not resolve the issue, I suggest ensuring that automatic date and time is selected. ( Settings > Date and Time ) If it is selected I suggest disabling and then enabling.
YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sandiegogal

This happened to me and my friend Rhonda this morning also.

0 Likes
miss_sm
Enthusiast - Level 1

what is a soft reset? i tried turning my phone off then on again but didnt work. i had the automatic time enabled so just now tried disabling it and enabling it like you mentioned but that also didnt work. i also forgot to mention that it goes back to normal time when i am not at home. when i return home it goes back to the wrong time

0 Likes
edc82

Im having this issue now on my note 4 as well.

0 Likes
Bre123

I'm having this issue this morning as well. Got to work an hour early and I'm pretty pissed off. A soft reset does not fix this.

0 Likes
SacNine

I'm having the same issue as well.  Luckily, my alarm and weather app had the right time.

0 Likes
bjenison

Same issue for me on Note 5.  I upgraded from the Note 2 on Tuesday and never had this issue before.  Alarm set for 4:45 am went off at 3:45 am and the clock kept the incorrect time until I left my house.

I then got to work more than an hour early and was livid to see the time on my desktop (I work the early shift in IT so I'm the only one there.)  I figured it was something I had messed up somehow so I headed to my first onsite 2.5 hours away.  During the drive I connected the phone to a cradle so I could watch for changes.  The time changed over a dozen times in the 2.5hr commute.

I called Verizon and the tech told me it's my fault even though time setting and time zone are both set to automatic.  Soft reset did not fix the issue.  Only disabling the automatic time settings or shutting off mobile date fixes it so it's obviously coming from Verizon's network.

0 Likes
sandiegogal

Two times this week the time was incorrect by an hour. It was between 6-8 am. By 8 am the time corrected itself.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

miss_em Our apologies for not explaining what a soft reset is. However, you are already on track ! It simply means to restart the phone or power off and remove the battery (if applicable). Please tell us the software version the Note 4 is running. This can be found under Settings, About phone, and Build number.

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes