Re: displaying wrong time on my note 4
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bjenison,

Having the correct time is extremely important. No one likes to be late or in your case extremely early. Thank you for ensuring all your settings are correct. Have you tried tor emove your SIM casr for at least 2 minutes? Then place back in the device. Did this happen as soon as you activated the new device? Keep us posted.
JenelleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
AlixRudolf
Enthusiast - Level 2

Currently experiencing the same issue as well as all others at my work who all have issued Verizon devices. So far the only remedy is to disable the network based time zone and manually selecting the correct timezone (CST keeps changing to Eastern in my case).

0 Likes
Whycantifindascreenna

I'm having the same issue, but it's an hour behind. A soft restart fixes it temporarily, but then it happens again later. I can't be an hour late to work or anything else. The build number on my phone is LRX22C.N910VVRU2BOG5

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's make sure you have the right number displaying all the time AlicRudolf. My phone is my main source for time so I know the importance of having the correct time display. What zip code are you currently located in? When did this time start changing for you? Is your software up to date? 

JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
AlixRudolf
Enthusiast - Level 2

Answers below:

What zip code are you currently located in?

46321 and 46324 are my main areas where I am experiencing this yet it happens in others as well.

When did this time start changing for you?

This was noticed within the past week or so by myself as well others at work (all Verizon work issued phones).

Is your software up to date?
Yes, according to what is available as well as what is reported on the Verizon Software Upgrade Assistant (Version OG5). 

I attempted to notify support through via phone as well as online chat, but due to being a business account and not having my name directly attached I was not allowed further assistance even though I was clearly stating that it is an issue impacting multiple users in a certain area. Normally with a case such as this it points towards a network related issue and not device since disabling network based time and time zones resolves the issue. Coming from tech field as well as managing several thousand phones myself this screams that the network team should look into this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AlixRudolf, thanks for providing that additional detail. I wasn't able to find any service tickets for that incorrect time issue in those areas. I'm actually from Hammond and I'm there 2-3 days a week and often go into those neighboring cities for appointments and such and I've not encountered this nor have my other lines that reside in that area full time. Since this is the Note 4 thread, is this only occuring on that model device? Also, if the SIM card is removed and reinserted to get the carrier update to the network does the issue go away or come back?

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Oatmeal

My time is off when I'm on my home network by 1 hr. I noticed that it shows my hawaii time zone as -9:00. If I unchecked auto time and select it manually it displays correctly as -10:00...but as soon as I select auto time it rolls back to -9:00. How do I fix this?

0 Likes
AlixRudolf
Enthusiast - Level 2

For device, this is happening on my Note4 as well as 2 others here at work yet it is also happening on other Verizon devices as well (S6 Edge+, S6, and others).

As for sim pull, unfortunately no this does not work. In short I have been dealing with horrible service since the lollipop update and have done every standard troubleshooting to this device in the past for months, so battery pulls, sim pull, factory resets, etc. In short signal has gone down dramatically and now this is acting up.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ensuring those devices work properly in every functionality is key to enjoying your services with us. Let's get to the bottom of this. I'd definitely recommend having a contact person from the business account call in to have a ticket filed on that incorrect time issue advising of each phone number impacted. This will be the best way of ensuring that issue gets resolved.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Al3464

My note 4 just started doing this yesterday. I did everything that was recommended and a with mine it seems to go an hour ahead when I'm away from home. Questions..... Verizon techs, there seems to be a common theme here, a blind person can see this, at strongly seems it's a Verizon network issue, not an individual's problem......

0 Likes