Re: displaying wrong time on my note 4
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AI3464 we want your device to show the correct time. Where are you located? In order to get this resolved, since the other troubleshooting steps did not work, would be to have a network ticket created on your behalf so it can be corrected for you. Here is how to reach us privately. http://vz.to/1ExQF3c

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
WhoKnowsIt

This exact issue is also happening to me and my friend who also has a Note 4.  Others we work with who do not have a Note 4 are not experiencing the time change issue.  Is there any resolution to this other than to manually force CST? This just started yesterday, which is odd because nothing has changed (at least not on our end).  If I do a soft reset it will display the correct time for a little while and then revert back to thinking I am EST.  Very frustrating.  Any updates would be appreciated!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to do all that we can to ensure that the correct time is properly displayed on your Note 4. Rest assured as we will do all that we can to get this resolved. Do you get this behavior when the device is in safe mode? Does the clock display the same time on and off wifi? As you share the details then we can proceed.

ArnettHtH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
WhoKnowsIt

Hi,

I don't even know what safe mode is so I can't answer that part of your question.

Regardless if it's wifi or not it will switch to eastern standard time, even though I'm central.

When I restart my phone it will switch back to the correct time but shortly thereafter it goes back to EST.

What has changed in the last month that would cause this extremely inconvenient issue to occur?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Here is the steps to put the Note 4 in safe mode. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-122810/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ekohut

I Have encountered the same problem on my Note 4. It just started for me all of a sudden today. The time displays 1 hour earlier than the actual time. I attempted all suggested troubleshooting steps in this entire thread with no success. Are there other steps I can try that are not listed in this forum? Thank you in advance for any support you can provide.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ekohut, time is of the essence. We are rolling up our sleeves so that you can rely on your phone to give the right time. What zip code are you currently located in? Just to confirm, Is your software up to date?
RosanneM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ekohut

TThank you for your response. My zip code is 29072, and I checked for a software update and there is no update available. My software is running N910VVRU2BOG5. I am running Android version 5.0.1. Thank you for any additional assistance you can provide.

0 Likes
Lunairis

Same here. I'm in 29072 too. This issue must be related to verizon network!  Mine is up to date and I tried everything  listed here but didn't work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate your diligence in looking those details up, Ekohut. On the menu to solve this next we’re going to clear out the device’s temporary files. This will not lose anything of importance such as pictures, contacts, or apps. This is similar to cleaning the cookies on a computer.  Follow the steps below “Clear All Cached Data” http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-122359/ and restart.
DavidH_VZW

0 Likes