duplicated contacts
ntbpinson

When I switched to my new Note 5 from my Motorola Droid phone, my contacts transferred over to my new phone, but they were duplicated.  It varies by contact, some will have 2 or 3 entries, but some will have 20-30 entries.  Does anyone know how I can fix this?

0 Likes
Re: duplicated contacts
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

When you have multiple contacts; 2-3, that usually means you have them in multiple places. For instance I like to use my Hotmail account to store my contacts, that way when when I sign on to any new device using that e-mail it loads my contacts automatically. The downside is if I have them saved to my Phone and Cloud it loads them double. Also if they have other messenger services or e-mails such as Skype, WhatsApp, Yahoo - I get an entry for all of them. I cured this by again making a contact in Hotmail and then linking any messenger service ID's etc.

It sounds like you just need to do a bit of clean up and linking of contacts and decide where you want to save them. Your G-Mail account can also save your contacts, or you can use the Cloud (I just don't find this way as reliable.)

0 Likes
Re: duplicated contacts
ntbpinson

No, this is actually some kind of glitch.  Some entries will be duplicated 90+ times.  I have over 17,000 contacts because of it and it is using all of my phone's 64gb of memory.

0 Likes