getting a voice mail notification
Burdette

For some reason I'm always getting a voice mail notification but no voice mail. It stays in my notification area. I've powered off, then powered off and took the battery out, then powered on with the battery back but having the device plugged in. Samsung says to go to you...

thanks,

Burdette

0 Likes
Re: getting a voice mail notification
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That has to be frustrating, Burdette. Let's get that voice mail icon to go away if you don't have any unheard messages. When exactly did this start happening? Do you have Basic, Visual, or Premium Voice Mail? Are there any messages in your mailbox at all? If you go to the Voice Mail icon, (without opening), does it show there are any messages? (Usually you'll see a number- meaning that's how many unheard messages are there.)

Please try going to Menu, (lower left hand button)> Application Manager> All> Voice Mail> Clear Data, Clear Cache, and then Force Stop. Once this is done, please restart your phone to see if the notification goes away.

Thank you,

VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Burdette

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED

Caveats: NONE

Good morning,

Unfortunately, that didn’t help. It did, however, seem to help something else that began which was troubling—it seemed that no matter how high the volume was set, I wasn’t getting a lot of sound. Apparently the restart helped with the volume but not the voicemail (I think the problem started when I switched to Visual a couple of weeks ago). It just happened again on the 13th too. I got a message on the 11th, and even though I answered and there are no other messages, that icon won’t go away. Any othr suggestions?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Burdette,

Lets dig a little deeper to get this issue resolved! Describe to me what the notification symbol looks like? Do you have any visual voicemails in your visual voicemail box that appear to be black bold numbers? What is the current software version on your device? Go to settings>about phone

PamelaF_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Burdette

Hello,

The notification symbol looks like a cassette when looking at the notification band along the top, but when I hit the home button while the device is on standby the notification says phone (although it still shows the cassette icon).

I no longer have a visual voice mailbox. One of your techs told me that it was the problem and she took it out for me.

The current software version on my device is Android 5.0.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Appreciate all you've tried thus far, Burdette. I recommend dialing *86 from your phone to go through the VM system and messages. There may be something through the standard VM system that is causing this.

Please keep us posted.

NicandroN_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Burdette

Correct—that worked!

Thanks again…

Burdette

0 Likes
rmgillmore

Here is what I have done, and what the tech support team has done.

BTW, this did not occur until my last visit to Mexico in May when I received an unsolicited call who left voicemail.  I have been unable to clear the false notifications for more than a few days at a time.

1.  Reset the voice mail on the server

2. Reset the server's voicemail options

3. Remove the voicemail box on the server, then created a new one

4. Reset my phone

5. Wiped the phone clean (what a pain that was to recover)

6. Reset all of the settings

This last time, when I was changing settings, I turned off ALL voicemail notifications, and I still have a false notification.  From talking with others with the S7 Edge, this seems to be a problem that is not specific to Verizon phones.

How do I get rid of the VERY expensive paperweight?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Michael I depend on my phone daily. I know you do too, so let's make sure it is running as it should be. So that we can move forward, I am sending you a Private Message.

RosanneM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes