help restoring from a backup
Kev48us
Contributor - Level 1

ok so I was stupid because on here I thought some one sayed there way a 5.1 update via kies and updated my phone to find there wasent now every thing has ben factory reset I turned on the restore backup and singed in to my google account but its just downloading the app I thought before it did all the setting is there any way to fix this

btw I am going to try restoring from kies backup but have I lost every thing like bookmarks setting so on? I have the basice like contact and pics but that not what I care about

0 Likes
Re: help restoring from a backup
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kev48us,

We definitely want to make sure that you have what you need on your device and happy to help out. I know that if I lost any of my personal data I would be concerned just the same. To clarify, are you referring to bookmarks that were created within the browser? If so, what specific browsing application were you using? Share some more details and we'd be happy to help.

AdamG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kev48us
Contributor - Level 1

yea they where created in the brower and it was just the default blue globe one but want to get all setting back like finer prints and on

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the clarification, Kev48us.

It sounds like the bookmarks may need to be set up manually by you again. I'm sure it would be a little tiresome, however this is the best way to get the phone set up the way you want it set up.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes