Here is what I think I learned:
1. I feel for the phone/chat monitors. they are the point people and the decision makers don't have a great handle on what they are going to do with this.
2. consumer push back about potential restocking fees on the "rentals" made them...clarify that policy.
3. If you have an old phone to hold you over great.....but get to the back of the line when the note 7S hits the storefronts. (my speculation since I think they are going to view you as a "new" "upgrading" customer)
4. If you want to do the temp exchange, they will gladly sell you a new phone. I would be curious to know what the value of that phone will be on a trade in once they finally allow the new 7s on the shelf.
5. speaking on #4, who knows when those new 7s will be on the shelf. I doubt the Fed will take samsung's word for it that they are fine and will want to test them themselves.
Personally, I think I am going with #3 and hope I don't have to wait too much longer than everyone else that is exchanging a rental.
So, does that mean the information sent to me, the phone conversation, and the chat were a lie?verizonwireless-admin verizonadmin vzw-admin