homepage
dillybar

I can't seem to change my homepage back to google. Why??

0 Likes
Re: homepage
Snn5
Legend

Have you gone into settings of the browser to adjust the homepage address?  Is there an error?  Which browser are you using?  What default homepage is set that you cannot change?  Are you redirected to another page upon tapping the home button in the browser?

0 Likes
dillybar

Yes but it has not changed.

0 Likes
dillybar

Yes it keeps going to another homepage that I don't even know what it is

0 Likes
dillybar

Called survey

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You might have malware that is redirecting your search.  Sounds like an app might be to blame.  Perhaps one that has advertising written into it.  You might try uninstalling updates to the browser from the App Manager in your phone, clearing the browser cache or deleting the history and cookies.  You might also sign out of the account on the phone, like if you use Chrome, sign out of your Google account on the phone, delete it and re-add it.  You can also try safe mode and see if the redirect happens after that and that would indicate an app that is causing issues.

But, what phone and browser are you using?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dillybar,

Oh no! This isn’t what we want for you to experience. We’re glad that you have reached out to us here, because help is our middle name. Let’s make sure we all get on the same page with everything to get this resolved. What make & model phone do you have? When did this problem start to happen? Are you meaning that the default page on your web browser is set to Google?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes