Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
how do I prevent owner information on lock screen from getting covered up by notifications
LA888

I don't want to disable notifications on the lock screen, but I also want owner information to be displayed in case I lose my phone.  How can I have both notifications and owner information be displayed?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: how do I prevent owner information on lock screen from getting covered up by notifications
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Notifications are a great way to stay in the know on activities on your Note 4 LA888. My apologies as there isn't a way to prevent the notification from covering the owner info. Are you able to move the notification to show the owner's info without unlocking the device? You do have the option to swipe the notification away from the home screen without checking it to show the owner info. What otherquestions do you have about the lock screen?

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: how do I prevent owner information on lock screen from getting covered up by notifications
LA888

Some notifications like emails can be swiped away, but others cannot.  The only workaround I've been able to use is to create my own Wallpaper with S-note where I write my owner info at the bottom of the screen, where notifications will be very unlikely to cover it up.  However, I'd prefer to use Samsung's wallpaper.  Anyway, isn't that the way the phone is supposed to be used?  This appears to be a bug either with Android, with Touchwiz or with Verizon's software.  It would be nice if someone at one of those developers took the responsibility to fix it rather than leaving it up to users to create their own workaround for an obvious bug in the software.

Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I appreciate you sharing your feedback, LA888. I have reached out to our developers to forward this to the manufacturer for improvement. I definitely agree this is something that needs to be fixed, and hope with your feedback we can see something implemented in the near future.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes