how to unlock galaxy note 2 to use data plan with an intl. sim card?
arnabc

i confirmed before leaving the u.s that the phone was unlocked. voice and text work fine with the local sim i inserted in new delhi but i cannot get the data plan to work. is this a known issue? is there a solution?

0 Likes
Re: how to unlock galaxy note 2 to use data plan with an intl. sim card?
Tidbits
Legend

Depends on spectrum and APN credentials. You have to check with Delhi first and find out spectrum needed and the APN credentials.

0 Likes
arnabc

i have all the apn settings etc. edited as per airtel tech support. staff at an airtel store have looked at it themselves. the sim works for data if inserted into any other phone.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

The spectrums of the phone match up?

0 Likes
arnabc

what spectrums are you referring to? there is nothing for "spectrum" in the wireless settings menus.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Spectrum is the frequency used to connect.  If your phone doesn't support their spectrums then the phone will not connect.  So make sure you have the right frequencies(spectrum) support.

0 Likes
arnabc

well, the note 2 is a global phone. it's set to gsm which is what every provider in india uses. and voice and text are working fine at any rate--so that's obviously not the problem.

is there anybody reading who's actually had and dealt with this problem?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It may be a global phone, but it doesn't mean it supports all spectrum.

0 Likes
arnabc

forgive me, but do you actually know anything about this or are you just typing?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Voice, text, and data run off different spectrums for a little tidbit(no pun intended) of information.

0 Likes