intagram video upload problem after 4.3 update
chrstnrockr
Enthusiast - Level 2

anyone else having a problem uploading instagram videos on their note II after 4.3 update? is there any hope for a fix?

0 Likes
Re: intagram video upload problem after 4.3 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi chrstnrockr!

I don't want you having any issues with your device! What's happening when you try to upload a video? Are you getting an error message? Please remove the SIM card and the battery for about 60 seconds, then reattach and try the video again. You may also want to try uninstalling Instagram, then reinstalling the application.

Keep me posted!

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
chrstnrockr
Enthusiast - Level 2

thank you for responding so quickly ... when i try to upload a video or repost someone else's it crashes on the last step and i get an error message saying simply "instagram has stopped working" ... i tried all of those steps the day this started happening which was also the day i updated to android 4.3 ... i did those steps again yesterday (pulled out the battery & sim card plus reinstalling instagram) & it still crashes... i make wakeboarding edits and rely on the instagram 17sec video clips to help promote them ... i have about a month or two before i have some new edits to promote on instagram and hope there will be a fix for this before then ... otherwise i will be forced to purchase another phone.

<< Signature information removed to comply with >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information Mark!  Are you able to upload pictures on other applications, i.e. Facebook or Google ?  If it works with other applications, except Instagram, than the issue is with the application and the new update.  I recommend reaching out to the application developer by following these steps: http://vz.to/1fuyBfS.  Keep me posted!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
chrstnrockr
Enthusiast - Level 2

thank you i followed those steps

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
chrstnrockr
Enthusiast - Level 2

i'm still not able to upload videos on instagram ... since i rely heavily on this to promote my video edits i probably need to buy a later model of the Note (there are other issues im having with this phone since the 4.3 update but this is what is crucial to me). I also under the impression that the update was for the Note III & later designed for a different processor. Is there any way i could get some kind of discount on purchasing a newer model since i've barely even had service on this phone for one year and it's already obsolete for one of the major functions i bought this service for?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

chrstnrockr, to answer your question we do have our trade-in program which you can use to offset the cost of getting into a new device: http://bit.ly/GGnDDC and our Edge program is designed for people who want to Edge up to an new device. I'd love to save you the time and money involved with that and get the phone working for you again.

You mentioned other issues are taking place. What other trouble have you had with the device? Any trouble with data connectivity? The reason I ask is upon review of the changes made by the OS update I do not see that the manufacturer has implemented any change that would prevent the upload. Have you completed a hard reset? http://vz.to/1e3nMjb ?

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
atomicjunk

I am having this same issue, after updating to android 4.3 over christmas, instagram video uploading no longer works. pictures can be uploaded to any website facebook, instagram, imgur, etc. but if you try to upload a video to instagram it kicks out of the app and states, "sorry but instagram has stopped working." I have a Note 2, I have tried a battery reset, a sim removal, a hard reset, deleting the app the cache and reloading it all. with no avail, there is tons of complaints on this across the internet. I was waiting to see if instagram could fix it on their end with their next update but last week they had one and still no good.

one of the other concerns since MY update is that my charger no longer charges fast enough to fill my phone, I have to use my friends galaxy S3 charger I can leave mine plugged into the wall with my original charger and wake up in the morning and it will not have charged more than 5% but if I plug into my friends S3 charger it fills in less than a couple of hours.

thank you

0 Likes
lg32

I too am having this issue since the update around christmas. Luckily, I have another device to upload video to instagram. 

A lot of people report this issue for months now.  I've reported this to Instagram, no response, no workaround.  All the subsequent updates dont fix the issue.   It's clearly something in the 4.3 update that is messing with instagram.  Please have your Android OS team install instagram and test this. 

0 Likes
chadkeeler

First of all, I had hoped that Verizon would stop beating around the bush about this well know issue. There are well known glitches with the new 4.3 update and your phone's must be ringing off the hook with complaints. Be accountable for these issues and be truthful, stop giving worthless advise when you know what the issue is. This has me seriously thinking about moving to another carrier in the near future as no other carrier has this issue. How can I have continued faith in Verizon products and services when this known issue is being ignored and or mishandled. COME ON !!!   At least go back to the 4.2 until this problem has been resolved ! FYI, its not only  with the Samsung Note Generations, its all Verizon 4.3 Software !!! 

0 Likes