Re: just got 5.1.1 update
Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

Zach, I've  stumbled upon a few bugs in 5.1.1, but ya,  the critical problems are resolved.  

My new battery finally arrived...  I'm going on 10 hours and silk at 87%.   I do think 5.0.1 fried our batteries.

0 Likes
Zacharee1
Contributor - Level 1

It would be nice to disable the WiFi Connected notification, but oh well.

See? That's the battery life I got when I first bought this phone. After a factory reset fixed nothing, I really think I need a new battery. Did you get Anker or wait on Samsung?

0 Likes
Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

Good thing we have the ability to replace our batteries huh?   I don't  think I'll  buy into fixed battery and no expandable memory handsets.

0 Likes
Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

I bought a genuine samsung battery.   $22 from Verizon with my corporate discount.

0 Likes
Zacharee1
Contributor - Level 1

That's why I'm leaving Samsung for LG. Funnily enough, they went from no removable battery or SD card to having those features, while Samsung went in the opposite direction. Which one's rising in popularity?

Hmm. I think I'll have to settle for an Anker battery. People say they might even be better than OEM.

0 Likes
Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

I use NFC and Qi charging via the wireless s view cover. I didn't want to risk compatibility issues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Llamee, the Note 4 is an awesome device. Is the device restarting after a certain app is being used? How long is the battery lasting now?
AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Zacharee1
Contributor - Level 1

Anker batteries have NFC and full support for the S View cover, so they're pretty great.

0 Likes
luferbu

Did 5.1.1 enable wifi calling for the Note 4?

0 Likes
Zacharee1
Contributor - Level 1

It's possible. I did notice that I had perfect HD calling on 1 bar of service the other day.

EDIT

Seems not. I turned Airplane Mode and WiFi on, but it didn't work.

0 Likes