Re: just got 5.1.1 update
Zacharee1
Contributor - Level 1

The S6 and S6 Edge weren't launched with WiFi calling enabled. It was added with 5.1.1.

0 Likes
nic_hitchins
Enthusiast - Level 3

Zacharee1 wrote:

The S6 and S6 Edge weren't launched with WiFi calling enabled. It was added with 5.1.1.

I was wondering about that...

Anyways, like we'd ever get an update on the 4 now after this.

0 Likes
sll1313
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't believe that is accurate.  It is my understanding that there will be other phones that will be getting it via an update.  As a matter of fact, that is how the s6 and s6 edge got it.  I have heard this directly from Verizon.  I also read an article online explaining that other phones will be receiving the update.  Verizon is just starting with these 2 phones.

0 Likes
Zacharee1
Contributor - Level 1

If not, I don't care how slow Sprint is. Google Fi is looking very good, even if the only phones that work on it don't have very noteworthy cameras.

0 Likes
cchamp77
Contributor - Level 1

since upgrade notice s delay in phone starting and a lag in app launch was fine on 5.0.1, does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

0 Likes
Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

Update fixed this for everyone i have spoke to.

It might be time to try a wipe cache factory reset for you.

0 Likes
Danny_Anonymous
Enthusiast - Level 1

Updated N910VVRU2BOK3 1/22/16

Bad: Dimmer screen than before, getting ongoing/intermittent unknown notification... possibly Wi-Fi notification (wifi notice cannot be turned off). Turned off notification reminder in settings but still get occasional ghost notification with default sound. Txt messaging app buggy, status bar shows unread notification even after reading messages. Amazon app still there even tho update states it removes Amazon.

Good: faster cpu, faster response to UI, slightly better battery life, slight improvement in RAM.

I stopped in my local Verizon store to ask about the update and check and see if a patch was coming out in the near future... no one there knew anything....go figure 😕

0 Likes
Zacharee1
Contributor - Level 1

It removed the Amazon Appstore, not the app itself.

Sent using CloudMagic Email

0 Likes
Danny_Anonymous
Enthusiast - Level 1

Of course, why would Vz want to remove bloatware... what was I thinking

0 Likes
Zacharee1
Contributor - Level 1

I do use the apps themselves, to be fair. However, it would be nice if they

could be uninstalled. The Appstore was only removed because it was discontinued.

(That discontinuation was like three months after Lollipop was released, but

we'll ignore that.)

Sent using CloudMagic Email